cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus home button - controllers spawn on face

CNevan
Protege

I'm developing a VR app for Oculus Quest, and I'm noticing strange behavior when hitting the Oculus home button on the right controller. The app slows down significantly, it almost seems like a second camera is created, and both controller models spawn at the same spot right in front of my eyes, which is very jarring. Has anyone else seen this before, or know what causes it? I know Oculus doesn't expose any code with regards to the home button since the functionality for that is built in. I'm using Unity version 2019.4.17. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

space.trousers
Honored Guest

Something like this happened to me during development.  It was related to how I handled loss of controllers - for example when they get disconnected or batteries died.  My code for checking controllers was only running every second.  When you lose controllers, the position of the controllers is set to zero (eye level), for a split-second so they jump to that position.  My solution was to check for controllers every frame and immediately hide them. Hope this helps. Might be similar.

Thanks so much for your reply, I'll try that out!

Jose.Montemayor
Honored Guest

Hello @CNevan !!

Would you mind sharing how you managed to solve this bug please.

I'm having the same issue in Unity 2021.3.4f1 and the Oculus Integration 42.0

Thanks 🙂

CNevan
Protege

Hey there @Jose.Montemayor ! It looks like one thing I did that may have fixed it was checking every frame for !OVRInput.IsControllerConnected(OVRInput.Controller.LTouch) and !OVRInput.IsControllerConnected(OVRInput.Controller.RTouch) and if either controller isn't connected I make sure to do SetActive(false) on it to make sure it's hidden (I check each controller individually). Hopefully I explained that well, let me know if you try it and it works or if you have any other questions!