cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with image effects

Nyro
Honored Guest
Hi everyone, I'm having some trouble putting image effects on the cameras. The camera goes black once i activate any image effect on it. I tried to put the image effect in one camera only and that camera went black and the other was just fine.

This is that my scene looks like:
oculus.jpg

And this is how it's working:
oculusworking.jpg

Does anyone knows what's happening? I'm using Unity 5.0.0f4 and Oculus DK2 with the 0.5.0.1 SDK.
8 REPLIES 8

Nyro
Honored Guest
oculus.jpg

Nyro
Honored Guest
Just noticed that when i put the rendering mode on Forward everything works fine. Is that a bug?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Sounds like a bug but I thought this was fixed.

Can you try using Unity version 5.0.0p2 (which I think was the one we were testing with)?

Also, redownload the Oculus integration file to make sure you didn't get the bad file (there was a botched upload).

Nyro
Honored Guest
No luck, still the problem persists. I'm attaching my DxDiag for analysis, I couldn't upload the project(8mb). Another thing that I noticed is that this problem is also happening on the MAC. I had another problem with the Eye Texture Format, when I put it to Default HDR my unity crashes, didn't test it on MAC.

Simbaro
Honored Guest
Hi, I am having the same problem here.

Applying image effects to the OVR L/R Cameras only work with forward rendering. With deferred rendering, the cameras go black.

Hopefully there will be a fix.

cybereality
Grand Champion
OK, I am able to reproduce this on my machine. I will create a bug report (if there is not one already).

Simbaro
Honored Guest
Has there been an update on this? Surely this is a rather large problem, has anyone here discovered a workaround?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Sorry, I thought I updated this thread.

The fix for this is to set "Eye Texture Anti Aliasing" to "1" on OVRCameraRig in the inspector.