cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Textures get messed up when changing the quality in-game

Ananas
Explorer
I'm trying to change the Unity quality settings on-the-fly in-game with QualitySettings.SetQualityLevel(1);. In the editor everything works fine, but in the built version the textures on objects and skybox get messed up.

Here's a screenshot.

The textures and objects which are affected change every time I try to change the quality.
Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? One way of dealing with this is to reload the level every time you change the quality, but that messes up with the progress
EDIT: Restarting the level doesn't fix it, but changing the level does.

I'm using 5.3.0f4 64-bit and Windows 7.
4 REPLIES 4

cybereality
Grand Champion
I've created a bug report for this. Thanks.

Ananas
Explorer
Thanks Cyber.

I'd like to add that even restarting the level (with Application.LoadLevel(Application.loadedLevel);)
doesn't fix it. Only loading another level and then loading the previous one fixes at least some textures.

EDIT: Additional info. I tried to google and some other people have had the same problem, especially when developing for Android. They said the problem was with changing AA, shadows distance or cascades. But even after turning them all off the texture switch still happens. I also tried to set applyExpensiveChanges to false but it didn't help.

EDIT2: Okay found out what caused it: The textures get messed up when you change their quality from "Full Res" to "Half Res" or vice versa or lower. Setting the Texture Quality in Fastest quality setting to "Full Res" fixed the problem for me.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Interesting. Thanks for following up.

cybereality
Grand Champion
This seems to be a bug with Unity. Can you please file a bug report with Unity? Thanks.