Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity 5.1 + Oculus Utilities 0.1.0 Updating

viewport
Protege
Please some help here.

We are trying to update to SDK 0.7 our application:
https://share.oculus.com/app/viewport-p ... experience

The problem is, our application was able to show stereoscopic 360 panorama images, so we used to get individual control for left and right camera, in order to use "Culling Mask" for the left and right eye with the corresponding 360 photography.

But now since Oculus Utilities 0.1.0 there is no control on the Left and Right camera. There is only one.

I am sure there is an answer, since GearVR is facing the same situation now, and there is plenty apps for stereoscopic photos and video.

Thank you.
6 REPLIES 6

vrdaveb
Oculus Staff

viewport
Protege
"vrdaveb" wrote:
Please see https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?t=24342&p=293342#p293342.

Thank you, I did, however rather than a solution, I just can see the following statement:

"Automatic stereo display
It is not required to have two Cameras for stereoscopic displays. Any camera that has no render texture is automatically rendered in stereo to your device. View and projection matrices are adjusted to account for field of view and head tracking.
Optimizations automatically occur to make it less expensive to draw frames twice (once for each eye)."

Does it means there is no way to get individual Left and Right Culling Mask?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, you can do this. See my instructions here: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1667&p=291935#p291935

viewport
Protege
Thank you very much Cyber, I hope this turn around would be implemented in further releases.
This feature is just fundamental for Photography and Video.

vrdaveb
Oculus Staff
"viewport" wrote:
Thank you, I did, however rather than a solution, I just can see the following statement:

Did you look at the actual post I shared there? Here is what it said:

With Unity 5.1.2p2 and up, there is a new property in the Camera inspector called "Target Eye". You can use it to make the Camera target just the left eye, just the right eye, or both. It is an advanced feature and I would only recommend using it to draw the actual stereo materials. For example, you would probably want to set up 3 cameras: 1 for most of the world with depth = 0, clear flags = skybox and target eye = both; 1 for each eye with depth = 1, clear flags = depth only, and target eye = left or right.

By the way: in the future, we will make optimizations that only work for Cameras that target "Both" eyes. When we do that, there will probably be a shader constant that tells you which eye is rendering.

viewport
Protege
Success! thank you.