cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity 5.3.4p5 released with native Oculus 1.3.2 support (OVRPlugin no longer needed)

SvenViking
Protege
6 REPLIES 6

cybereality
Grand Champion
We haven't had enough time to test this yet, so please wait for the official recommendation. Thanks.

Poupi
Explorer
Looks "a bit" bugged. 
After a quick test, there's no display in the rift (Unity blue background in Forward and black in Deferred ), if there's no AntiAliasing in the current Quality Settings. 

Alesk
Honored Guest
Same here 😞
Using DK1... The headset rotation is properly detected, I can see the camera following the movements in the unity scene view, but the screen in the headset is black (it is detected and get some sort of signal, since I can see the faint pixels).

FYI, I'm running it on Win7 SP1, Oculus SDK for Windows V1.3.2, Unity 5.3.4p5, and the Rift Runtime meant for the final Oculus product (so it show some errors since I don't have the sensor hardware...)

Constellation
Expert Protege

Poupi said:

Looks "a bit" bugged. 
After a quick test, there's no display in the rift (Unity blue background in Forward and black in Deferred ), if there's no AntiAliasing in the current Quality Settings. 

I'm also getting a blue background but I noticed that part of what I'm 99% sure is my scene is actually being rendered on top of the Unity UI:

c416hw4ve7es.png

Setting AA to at least 2x seems to bring everything back.

bbagnall
Protege
Oh crap, I wonder that's why mine isn't working. I wasn't aware and ended up deleting the files in C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\VR\oculus and copying the plugin files over, as per the instructions. Using this for Gear VR development.

kersk
Expert Protege
FYI, the rendering issues with disabled AA have been resolved in 5.3.4p6.