cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Unity][PlatformSDK][Leaderboards] Missing entries in query response (GetEntries/HTTP GET)

elicauptere
Honored Guest

Hi there,

Our new Unity game for Oculus Quest implements Oculus leaderboards using the Platform SDK from the Oculus Integration Unity asset, and it's been submitting and getting highscores just fine until now : we completed the data use checkup in the dev dashboard, and as for the Unity project the Oculus SDK is properly initialized, the user entitlement check passes, highscores are successfully submitted using Oculus.Platform.Leaderboards.WriteEntry(apiName, score, extraData), and leaderboards top and user-centered entries were successfully retrieved using Oculus.Platform.Leaderboards.GetEntries(apiName, 3, Oculus.Platform.LeaderboardFilterType.None, Oculus.Platform.LeaderboardStartAt.Top) and Oculus.Platform.Leaderboards.GetEntries(apiName, 3, Oculus.Platform.LeaderboardFilterType.None, Oculus.Platform.LeaderboardStartAt.CenteredOnViewer) for them to be displayed in game.

Now that we are live on App Lab, we are experiencing issues in querying some of our leaderboard entries : some specific users' entries simply don't show up in the API's response, neither in the Oculus.Platform.Leaderboards.GetEntries callback data nor in the response to a HTTP GET request to the https://graph.oculus.com/leaderboard_entries endpoint, even though I can see in the developer dashboard, in the Oculus iPhone app and in my Quest's home menu that the entries do exist in the leaderboards...

Is anyone else experiencing something similar? Could it be some entries filtering going on under the hood? Or could my leaderboard entries extra data be messing with something? Thanks in advance for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

elicauptere
Honored Guest

For anyone facing the same issue, I had filed a ticket to the Oculus Developer support and they found out that those specific users I mentioned, who are missing from the API responses, actually no longer own the app for some reason. Because they are not entitled to the app anymore, they apparently cannot appear in the leaderboards (even though they still appear in the Oculus Home displays and in the developer dashboard...).

I was advised not to "rely on the info listed in the API", which is a bit upsetting tbh but at least there's an explanation.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

elicauptere
Honored Guest

For anyone facing the same issue, I had filed a ticket to the Oculus Developer support and they found out that those specific users I mentioned, who are missing from the API responses, actually no longer own the app for some reason. Because they are not entitled to the app anymore, they apparently cannot appear in the leaderboards (even though they still appear in the Oculus Home displays and in the developer dashboard...).

I was advised not to "rely on the info listed in the API", which is a bit upsetting tbh but at least there's an explanation.