cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity Pro 4 Month Trial is a bit pointless

Anonymous
Not applicable
So we have a lovely Unity Pro 4 month Trial BUT you can only use it with a new Unity account,  so you cannot access any of the Assets you may  have bought. 

Why on earth have they done that?
16 REPLIES 16

sven
Protege
I have the same issue, I clicked on the "Unity Pro" button in my Oculus order history (I ordered as guest) and then it disappeared. I did not receive an email or anything else.

lorddg
Explorer
When i tried activating online it wont accept the code on my old account. Created a new one with different email , still wouldnt accept it.
Opened unity 5.4 with my old account on it, went to help/manage license and in there it accepted it and the background changed to black instantly. Also after restarting unity it wont say unity personal any more, its just unity now and the about page says i have pro on all devices on the bottom right corner.
So seems like it works with old accounts too.

kuruvillamathew
Explorer
I get an error message when I add the serial number for the 4 months of Pro - "This serial cannot be managed from the Online Store, please contact sales if you wish to make changes to it.". I guess I have to contact "Sales" at Unity. I used a new account to add Unity Pro code from Oculus.

cybereality
Grand Champion
So you have to enter the code into the Unity editor. It won't work on the website. So open Unity, click Help -> Manage License -> Activate New License -> Paste the code in the Pro Edition text box -> click Next. It should work on existing accounts fine, at least it did for me.

GoesTo11
Protege
Cool, it worked on my existing account.  Now I'm one of the cool kids with the dark theme.  The courseware might come in handy.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Also, if you received the email but the code isn't on your order history page, please feel free to reach out to Oculus Support for assistance. Thanks.

GoesTo11
Protege
Apparently, the course ware is not included in the trial.  It doesn't appear that I get the pro discount for asset kits on the asset store either.  I am able to access the Level 11 assets though.