cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity demos crash on GTX980

Infinite
Level 2
Hi,

I wonder if anyone else can confirm if they get crashes with GTX980's installed. I have a new system with 2x GTX980's.

Unity 4.5.3 f3, OVR 0.4.2, Win7, 64Bit, 64GB machine. NVidia Driver Version 344.16,

Instant crash with log file.

I can confirm this happens with Titans Of Space and the 4Th Floor demo. it also happens on all my VR DK2 published demos that work on my other machine, similar build but instead of 2xGTX980 it has 2x GTX680.

This current machine previously had 3x GTX780 Ti's and I had no problems with it.

DK1 demos run fine. Also mono demos created with the latest Unity work fine.

Lee
_________________________________________________ I N F I N I T E www.ir-ltd.net
26 REPLIES 26

Infinite
Level 2
"cybereality" wrote:
Can you try using Unity 4.5.2 and Extended mode?

Thanks to Yezzer's demo, I was able to run the .exe in extended mode which worked. However, Titans of Space and the 4th Floor Demo and my own don't run in extended mode (they must be latest Unity build) They just show a black screen. But Yezzer's demo displayed correctly. The _DirectToRift.exe did not work. Same crash and report as before.

Someone at Oculus Support did initially reply but that was about 5 days ago, its been quiet since then.

I'm not getting very far 😞
_________________________________________________ I N F I N I T E www.ir-ltd.net

Infinite
Level 2
@Cybereality: Can you offer any more advice? Oculus Support didn't reply any further. I'm pretty stuck. It's a waste of GTX980 🙂

yezzer
Level 2
"Infinite" wrote:
@Cybereality: Can you offer any more advice? Oculus Support didn't reply any further. I'm pretty stuck. It's a waste of GTX980 🙂

Have you tried posting on on /r/oculus? Perhaps people might be a bit more helpful, this forum isn't that busy.

Infinite
Level 2
"yezzer" wrote:
"Infinite" wrote:

Have you tried posting on on /r/oculus? Perhaps people might be a bit more helpful, this forum isn't that busy.

I can do. Perhaps it might be best for a mod to move the thread? I wouldn't want to duplicate post on the same subject and this is really Unity related.

yezzer
Level 2
"Infinite" wrote:
"yezzer" wrote:
"Infinite" wrote:

I can do. Perhaps it might be best for a mod to move the thread? I wouldn't want to duplicate post on the same subject and this is really Unity related.

Ah, by that I meant https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus

cybereality
Level 16
@Infinite: Honestly, I don't know. Can you try the new Nvidia driver that came out today?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Infinite
Level 2
Thanks. I just tried that. Same thing. I've attached the Titans of Space error log. Is there nothing there that hints at what might be the problem? Should I contact Unity Support?