cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will the passthrough - v31 SDK - be available for Unity?

nick.maggio.165
Honored Guest

Any idea when I might be able to start building an app using Unity with the passthrough beta sdk?

Edit: Nevermind I didn't read the post fully

The Passthrough API Experimental will be available for Unity developers in our upcoming SDK release, with support for other development platforms coming in the future. This experimental API allows you to start building and testing Passthrough experiences on Quest 2

But can't figure out how to delete a post. 

6 REPLIES 6

cazforshort
Expert Protege

It sounds like at least one dev already has access to it (the one social vr dev... I forget).

I too would love to get my hands on it asap! Its perfect for labs!

RayRift
Protege

"Spatial" has had access to it for a while now.  I'm still using the v28 glitch until the Passthrough strength slider is built into the guardian settings menu, proper.  It's going to be awesome. I predicted and asked for a strength slider YEARS ago. It's great that someone implemented it!

JeffNik
MVP
MVP

They just released the v31 SDK! check out: 

Downloads (oculus.com)

Fectar
Explorer

I can confirm that it is released, but haven't been able to get it to work (https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Oculus-Quest-Development/Oculus-Integration-31-0-Passthrough-API-does...)

Emosion
Explorer

Would this passthrough api from v31 SDK work for PC VR unity app using Rift-S or Quest2 via link or limited to  Quest app ? 

Rift-S won't work (as stated by Oculus)
As the Passthrough is done on the device and not by the software.
I don't think it will be possible to create an PC app that runs on the Quest2 through Link that will enable this.

The Link cable might work with Unity Editor. But you won't see it in the Editor, only on the device itself.