Unity VR Development
Share Unity VR development feedback, issues, and challenges here!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Unity3D GearVR Controller Not Recentering

I'm trying to recenter the GearVR motion controller via code in my Unity3D game. I've tried called to OVRInput.RecenterController(), OVRInput.RecenterController(OVRInput.Controller.All), and InputTracking.Recenter(). None of these have worked, is thi...

Anselm by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Get player's default position

How do you get the player's default position? Right now my app uses InputTracking.Recenter() at start up which centers the view based on the position/rotation of the Rift when the app is first loaded.Other apps on the Oculus store are able to get the...

Collision Between Objects

I'm holding one object in each hand, objects are rigidbody collider. When i try to collide each other, there is no collision between each other(objects), but when i poke with one object to other which is stationary or lying on ground the collision wo...

Suzit by Honored Guest
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Introducing oculus controllers in game

I'm making a Oculus experience and I want do make a small animation to explain the functions of the controllers. (in a UI screen)Mostly open and closing the virtual hand with the main trigger. (you should see the hands and controllers)Is there some k...

Paridaens by Honored Guest
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

New developer looking for advice

Hello everyone, I'm a new developer that has started to develop games through Unity for VR. I'm currently primarily developing for the Oculus Rift and my current project is a multiplayer game, in VR, based around Pacman. I've gone through a few cours...

Tallme2 by Honored Guest
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blank screen when building Unity scenes on my mac

Hey guys,When I try to build my Unity scene after adding either the OVRPlayerController or the OVRCameraController, it runs and then just ends on a black screen. No idea what's going on here. Anyone know what this is yet? Possibly mac support is just...

VRex by Protege
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Simple grab snap mechanic?

What is a simple way to enable a grab snap mechanic? VRTK offers a solution but I find using VRTK causes unwanted graphical latency (moving objects stutter and smear compared to native Oculus setup. I need my gun to snap to the correct orientation re...

tkdHayk by Protege
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

MSAA break when toggling VRSettings

I'm trying to be able to leave and enter VR at runtime. I've noticed if I set VRsettings.enabled = true and then back to false MSAA is no longer applied.I've also noticed odd behavior from ImageEffects when entering and then exiting VR. It results in...

bpagjyyet5ya.png e4nm4x8kib55.png

Headset acceleration or velocity in Unity3D

Hi Everybody,I am trying to access the Headsetacceleration or velocity in Unity3D. I am interested in the raw data as well asa fused version. As I read in previous blog posts it is not possible to accessthe raw data but at least the fused data someho...

sleende by Honored Guest
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

ovrcamerarig

ive been watching a course from udemy on how to make vr games but they code for standard camera's where as i am using the ovrcamerarig. On the step i am on it learns you how to move with the camera, Does the oculus integration asset such as the camer...

reefy86 by Adventurer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

A new version of Oculus is required...

Trying to test a new build of my app on GearVR, but every time I build and run the app (from Unity), I am getting the error message: "A new version of Oculus is required to support your experience in VR. Please turn on WiFi and then reinsert your dev...

[GearVR] [Unity] Create apps bigger than 2 GB.

Hi,I am trying to create an Android app that contains a big video file (2.5 GB). Unity does not allow to create automatic .obb (File--> Build Settings --> Player Settings --> Publishing Settings --> Split Application Binary) bigger than 2 GB. So, I a...

jaime_FL by Honored Guest
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apk not run

Hi,Developed simple Unity project to test Gear VR on S8+. Signed with ogis.Project successfully build with any errors then installed but not run.Tap on app icon on phone not run either.What I did wrong?

den3d by Honored Guest
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to get mobile details ?

I want to generate user id for my Gear application using Unity. Are there any api or method calls which can give device/mobile specific information like device id, oculus registered email ?

Mesh Edges Flickering?

Hey guys! Hoping to get a little help with a bit of a problem I've been having on my project for quite some time now and have had no success in figuring out.. the problem is that many of the models of buildings that I import from 3dsmax have this fli...

Deep-linking from chrome to Gear VR App

Hello everyone! I currently am working on getting a deep-linking feature working for my app I set up. The flow behind it should match as close as possible to my already working app for cardboard. Which is the user clicks a button to open a link which...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oculus VR - Grabbing hinge

HiI'm making my first project with unity and virtual reality (Oculus Rift). Grabbing works fine with the grabber & grabbable scripts except for when I try to grab something with a hinge joint. As soon as I grab the item connected with the hinge joint...

Labels