Unity VR Development
Share Unity VR development feedback, issues, and challenges here!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

DK2 Not initialized in Unity 5.3.4p1

Throwing this error on startup and run: [VRDevice] Initialization of device oculus failed.This log is printed as well, though can't find any info on it: Unity v5.3.4p1, Oculus Utilities v1.3.0, OVRPlugin v1.3.0, SDK v0.0.0.(Specifically the SDK 0.0.0...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Follow Orientation

Hi,I'm trying to make the rift camera follow the orientation of another gameobject.However when i use the follow orientation option it completely ignores any default orientation I've set for the camera object, causing the camera to be pointed at the ...

lis8910 by Honored Guest
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

using celebrities and known products

Hey,I want to create an Oculus experience where I have known celebrity figures wearing known clothes and sneakers (say Van Dam wearing Clippers uniform and Adidas sneakers). How can I do this without breaking the law? is there a way for me to get/pay...

adams3 by Honored Guest
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dk2 image not always being displayed with 1.3

So i'm having issues using unity with the 1.3 integration. Sometimes the image wont display (light stays orange) but i'm still getting sensor data (both pos and rot). Sometimes restarting the oculus service works, other times it doesn't. I notice the...

MikeF by Trustee
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

[FREE Unity Plugin] Memory Efficient Coroutines

A lot of VR environments require movement, and a lot of movement is done in Unity using coroutines. However, many people don't know that coroutines allocate about .1kb of memory on the heap per running coroutine per frame. The garbage collector has t...

Ablaze by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unity versions for store release

I don't have access to Oculus SDK 1.x, but I need to know which Unity versions I can use to target the store. Is the 5.4 beta usable or do we need to stick to some specific version of 5.3? I really don't want to end up in a position where I can't rol...

owenwp by Expert Protege
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

OSX full screen is black

Hello,I am having a problem when I create a build for OSX, the screen becomes black in full screen mode. The Oculus itself is working fine, I am only having problems with the game window on the computer. I need the game to be viewable in full screen ...

MikeJ3D by Honored Guest
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oculus DK2: Screen specs + Brightness (Luminance)

Hi all,A short question from a newbie: I was expecting the DK2 screen to have brightness of roughly 340 cd/m2 when displaying an all white scene, based on the specs from the Galaxy Note 3 screen. I was aware of the dimming caused by low persistence (...

kynthia by Sightseer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Screen Fades and Fog

We're doing screenfades using the Oculus/Unlit Transparent Color shader similar to the reference provided in the Oculus Utilities package, and noticed that our fade color wasn't always what we expected.It turns out that the provided shader is affecte...

Top Solution Authors
Labels