cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aling the virtual room with world position

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone, i saw on other post a lot of tries on alinging the virtual room with the wold position, and i think I almost got it. I coudld do it on the last version of oculus integration, but i cant do it with the new one.
My way to aling the room was using the "OVRManager.boundary.GetGeometry(OVRBoundary.BoundaryType.OuterBoundary)"

wich gives you an array of points according to the guardian boundary that you did. This worked perfect, and i could get the position of the first point and then saving the position of he virtual room acordding to this point (and saving it on the player prefs) then to get the rotation i just took 2 points of the boundaries and getting the angle between those. BUT... the outerboundary got deprecated on the last version and doesnt seems to work anymore. (Wich is so bad case i need the Application Spacewarp)

So, I should find another way to get the guardian boundary points or anything that gives me some real world points.
It would be so helpful if you could assist me here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay i finally solved it, all you had to do was just set on the OVR Manager of the camera rig the Tracking origin Type to "Stage", and the room will start always in the same real world positions, so you just have to modify manually the position and rotation, then saving them on the player prefs and load that position and rotation on start. Also set the "Allow recenter" to false so your character doesnt go to other position.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay i finally solved it, all you had to do was just set on the OVR Manager of the camera rig the Tracking origin Type to "Stage", and the room will start always in the same real world positions, so you just have to modify manually the position and rotation, then saving them on the player prefs and load that position and rotation on start. Also set the "Allow recenter" to false so your character doesnt go to other position.

Hi, I encountered a similar virtual-physics alignment problem, but in my situation, when I take off the headset for a while and try to put it on in another pose (still inside the boundary), all the virtual calibrated objects misaligned with the physical ones. As I have already set to the "Stage" mode, all the physical positions should be on the same relative to the same origin. Therefore, I guess the origin still changed after the headset lost tracking. 

Do you have some ideas about that? Thanks!

Same exact problem here. Stage mode is useless as soon as the headset goes to sleep and wakes up in a new position. As of now the system needs recentering every single time the device goes to sleep. Extremely frustrating.