cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check for health and safety warning

dignifiedweb
Protege
Hi guys,

Does anyone know how to get whether the health and safety warning is displayed in a unity project? I think I am just missing something really simple.

Reading the API, it looks like I call it like this:

if(_hmd.GetHSWDisplayState().Displayed)
{
Debug.Log("warning is displayed");
}

My main problem is I don't understand how to create an object reference to Ovr.hmd. I have an OVRCamera in my project, is there some way I can get the IntPtr hmdPtr of the head mounted display in use? Or, is it more of a standard to call the static method like this:
_hmd = Ovr.Hmd.Create(Ovr.Hmd.Detect());

If the above code is what I need to use, any advice on using the detect method? It doesn't seem to return the correct integer of the Hmd in use.

Any advice on how to get a reference to the current HMD would be greatly appreciated. My apologies if this has been discussed before.
1 REPLY 1

dignifiedweb
Protege
I came back with fresh eyes and found the solution to my problems.

Here's how I ended up detecting whether the HMD's health and safety warning is displayed:
		// Detect if health and safety warning is displayed:
if(OVRManager.isHSWDisplayed == false)
{
Debug.Log("Health and safety warning pressed");
}

Thanks to user phileday and his post about that (I knew I should have searched more on the forums don't know how I missed that post).

That lead me to finding out I can get a reference to the HMD by using the OVR Manager too. Here's the code to create a re-center button in case someone is looking for that too:

// Get access to hmd amd re-center:
Ovr.Hmd hmd = OVRManager.capiHmd;
hmd.RecenterPose();