cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Development on MacOS High Sierra

delphinius81
Rising Star
I recently updated to MacOS High Sierra, and now I'm getting lots of errors trying to run a gearvr app in Unity. I'm using the latest Utilities / OVRPlatform plugins.
Couldn't open Assets/OVR/Plugins/1.18.1/OSXUniversal/OVRPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/OVRPlugin,
error: dlopen(Assets/OVR/Plugins/1.18.1/OSXUniversal/OVRPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/OVRPlugin,
2): Symbol not found: __dyld_get_all_image_infos
Referenced from: /Users/#####/Library/Frameworks/LibOVRRT_0.framework/Versions/5/LibOVRRT_0
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
in /Users/#####/Library/Frameworks/LibOVRRT_0.framework/Versions/5/LibOVRRT_0

Couldn't open /Users/#####/Development/Projects/#####/Assets/OVR/Plugins/1.18.1/OSXUniversal/OVRPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/OVRPlugin,
error: dlopen(/Users/#####/Development/Projects/#####/Assets/OVR/Plugins/1.18.1/OSXUniversal/OVRPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/OVRPlugin, 2):
Symbol not found: __dyld_get_all_image_infos
Referenced from: /Users/#####/Library/Frameworks/LibOVRRT_0.framework/Versions/5/LibOVRRT_0
in /Users/#####/Library/Frameworks/LibOVRRT_0.framework/Versions/5/LibOVRRT_0

More info posted in this thread from someone else. https://forum.unity.com/threads/couldnt-open-macos-ovrplugin-in-a-blank-project.498378/
18 REPLIES 18

joaquin
Protege
Same issue here with Unity 2017.2.0p2 on High Sierra

Couldn't open Assets/OVR/Plugins/1.21.0/OSXUniversal/OVRPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/OVRPlugin, error: dlopen(Assets/OVR/Plugins/1.21.0/OSXUniversal/OVRPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/OVRPlugin, 2): Symbol not found: __dyld_get_all_image_infos
  Referenced from: /Users/xxx/Library/Frameworks/LibOVRRT_0.framework/Versions/5/LibOVRRT_0
 in /Users/xxx/Library/Frameworks/LibOVRRT_0.framework/Versions/5/LibOVRRT_0

joaquin
Protege
@imperativity : If you could tell the developers of the ovrplugin to find "get_all_image_infos" in their code and to fix the issue. I shouldn't take them more 1 hour to fix the problem and test the solution.
This will help so many people...

Anonymous
Not applicable
@imperativity I just want to make sure I understand the issue correctly since I'm currently trying to develop a GearVR app on Mac. I cannot run the app in the editor or on my Note 5 - should I switch to developing on a PC?

My issue is the same as @delphinius81: I see missing DLLs in the editor and on my Android build.

delphinius81
Rising Star
Yup. You even cannot do gearvr only development on a mac. Everything requires a PC now, including building apks. Your only option to continue development on a mac is to downgrade to Sierra (or just never update to High Sierra).

dajo360
Explorer
Dear Oculus,
Could you please fix this feature? I use the DK2 professional on the film set in combination with the Nokia OZO.
Currently, I can not have a live view in the HMD due to the missing update from your side. 

I've got one Mac Pro for studio use, that is still alright. But two Mac Pro's are updated to High Sierra, and it are the laptops that are now of no use on the film set. So with filming in the field, I have a serious problem. 

Climberfx
Honored Guest
Hello Oculus. I still on Oculus DK1, and was great using it to develop VR architecture project, until i upgrade from El Capitan to High Sierra. Then i got the same error message from this other users. So, i'm asking if you are still on ignoring us OSX Users, or if i will need to go back to El Capitan to use it again. Thank you!

Climberfx
Honored Guest
Thank you for the fast response. So i will try this beta version, because i was using the previous non beta one (5.0.1 too). If it won't work too, i will go back to El Capitan for now. There it still work. I know my DK1 is super old, but i hope that it is not ignored when Oculus resolve to come back their eyes to us OSX users. Thank you again.

lrbisolo
Explorer
Almost one year later and we still have no support. Seems like the better solution is to install Windows 10 on our Apple computers to develop to Oculus devices, because this is officially supported by Apple's Boot Camp and works great

owlboy
Protege
Holy crap really?! Does this effect Oculus Go?