cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with app id or app secret

RossLawless
Level 2
Hi ,
I'm having issues making my avatar appear in unity 2019.2.11f1 with the latest integration. When I attempt to upload a build I get an error saying the app id or app secret is incorrect. I have the ID set in avatars and platform settings that I got from the dashboard. 'ERROR: Error validation application. Either App ID or App Secret must be invalid'. Any help or pointers is much appreciated. 

update: It seems it was the unity version. Downgraded to 2018 and it works.
1 REPLY 1

AlanOToole
Level 5

Hi ,
I'm having issues making my avatar appear in unity 2019.2.11f1 with the latest integration. When I attempt to upload a build I get an error saying the app id or app secret is incorrect. I have the ID set in avatars and platform settings that I got from the dashboard. 'ERROR: Error validation application. Either App ID or App Secret must be invalid'. Any help or pointers is much appreciated. 

update: It seems it was the unity version. Downgraded to 2018 and it works.

Hey,

I've seen this too and it's an easy fix. If you log into your Dashboard here: http://dashboard.oculus.com and click on "Create New App" you'll be able to build out an app which will provide you the IDs you're looking for.

Hope this helps!
-Alan