cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Hand Tracking] New Oculus Start Button

DetectiveBunss
Honored Guest
Hello,

With the last update 17, i've noticed that there's now the start button showing within the left hand, like the right hand do with the oculus button.

I've also noticed that Waltz of The Wizards use this button to trigger a Menu Settings.

My question is : Which script is managing this new button ? I searched OVRHand.cs but didn't found anything. 
I also tried the OVRInput like i would do if i want to code the start button with the Touch Controller but it didn't seem to work.

I want to use this feauture to create a Menu for my game, but didn't find any documentation about it so far.

Do someone have found where he is generated in Unity and how we can customize it ?

Have a good day everyone
bdm7i2yobvk5.png
24 REPLIES 24

volkerku
Explorer
same issue here

Chronodos
Honored Guest
Hi! Have you found a solution for this yet? According to the Oculus hand tracking documentation you can trigger it by checking for Button.Start... However, when I try to detect an input it doesn't do anything for me. 

pushmatrix
Honored Guest
Same here 😞 

Fingerbob
Explorer
var state = OVRPlugin.GetControllerState4((uint)OVRInput.Controller.Hands);
bool menu_gesture = (state.Buttons & (uint)OVRInput.RawButton.Start) > 0;

Batussai
Explorer

Fingerbob said:

var state = OVRPlugin.GetControllerState4((uint)OVRInput.Controller.Hands);
bool menu_gesture = (state.Buttons & (uint)OVRInput.RawButton.Start) > 0;

it doesn't work for me T_T

does anyone know another method?

simon.litauer
Honored Guest

Same issue here. Anyone solved it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use the same OVRInput.Get* methods get the hand-tracking start button state. One issue is the detection of the gesture isn't 100%. Sometimes you'll have to do the Start gesture a couple times before the GetDown/GetUp events get triggered.

public class HandStartButton : MonoBehaviour
{
    // Update is called once per frame
    void Update()
    {
        if (OVRInput.GetDown(OVRInput.Button.Start, OVRInput.Controller.Hands)) {
            Debug.LogWarning("Hand-Tracking Start Button DOWN");
        }

if (OVRInput.GetUp(OVRInput.Button.Start, OVRInput.Controller.Hands)) {
            Debug.LogWarning("Hand-Tracking Start Button UP");
        }
    }
}

linaeagle
Honored Guest

Unfortunately, both approaches above didn't work for me (Oculus Integration 33.0), looks like something simple is missed.

The above answers don't work for me either, were you able to find a solution for this?