cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hand Tracking in Editor

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone got the hand tracking demos to work in editor?

Is this possible or do we currently need to build an APK in order to get this to work?
16 REPLIES 16

eco_editor
Level 2
Do you have the hand tracking demo for unity? Can you please post a link? THANKS!

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you download the latest update of the Oculus Integration on the asset store, you can find the example scenes in the sampleframework folder.
The 'HandsInteractionTrainScene' should be in there

Hanabear
Level 4
Publish and run the train scene on my Quest, but the scene asked to switch it to controller interaction, otherwise it just close the demo. Any idea? 

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have the same problem as Hanabear, it wants to switch back to controllers but i dont see my hands in the demo then of course ...

edit: ok i just found out why: you simply need to click the OvrCameraRig in the Hirarchy and there is "Hand Tracking Support"
change it to "controllers and hands"
(and of course the handtracking of the Quest must be active)

Anonymous
Not applicable
if you transform the position of the whole scene just by a little bit, you will have a very creepy  expirience  😄

dilmergames
Level 3

Maddy25 said:

i have the same problem as Hanabear, it wants to switch back to controllers but i dont see my hands in the demo then of course ...

edit: ok i just found out why: you simply need to click the OvrCameraRig in the Hirarchy and there is "Hand Tracking Support"
change it to "controllers and hands"
(and of course the handtracking of the Quest must be active)

Thanks a lot for your comment, I did exactly what you mentioned but every time I build it to the device my hands do not show. If I generate an AndroidManifest.XML to request hand permissions I get the following error in "OculusBuildProcessor.cs"

if (attrib.Value == firstValue)
{
var valueSibling = attrib.NextSibling;
valueSibling.Value = secondValue;
}

To overcome this I removed the line below and the VR demo builds but I don't see my hands: 

<meta-data android:name="com.samsung.android.vr.application.mode" android:value="vr_only"/>

I appreciate your help thanks

edit - Ok I finnally figured it out, for now I changed the OculusBuildProcessor.cs to check if valueSibling was null before accessing valueSibling.Value that fixes the null exception. After that I changed my bundle identifier completely to something different and changed the "Hand Tracking Support" as stated by the previous post.

I also ended up making a video in YouTube under dilmervalecillos channel as a reference with all steps so everyone is welcome.

Thanks everyone for your help.

josecatena
Level 2
I have managed published the TrainDemoScene on my Quest on unity 2019.3(Beta) and works fine.
Does anybody know if is it posible to use it with the new XR Tool Kit since Oculus Android package is going to be removed in unity 2020.x?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was able to get it to run without error on MacOS by doing what Maddy25 suggested; look in OvrCameraRig and change the "Hand Tracking Support" option to "controllers and hands". Messing with the AndroidManfiest.xml file always causes errors for me

If you want to use more than just your index finger to interact with the buttons, click on InteractableToolsSDKDriver in the hierarchy, change the sizes of the Left Hand Tools and Right Hand Tools arrays to 6, and add the other FingerTipPokeTool prefabs from the folder: Assets>Oculus>SampleFramework>Core>HandsInteraction>Prefabs

If anyone can figure out how out how to find/use the transform of the hands (I'm looking for a centralized location on each hand) that would be greatly appreciated

Anonymous
Not applicable

wlewis55 said:

I was able to get it to run without error on MacOS by doing what Maddy25 suggested; look in OvrCameraRig and change the "Hand Tracking Support" option to "controllers and hands". Messing with the AndroidManfiest.xml file always causes errors for me

If you want to use more than just your index finger to interact with the buttons, click on InteractableToolsSDKDriver in the hierarchy, change the sizes of the Left Hand Tools and Right Hand Tools arrays to 6, and add the other FingerTipPokeTool prefabs from the folder: Assets>Oculus>SampleFramework>Core>HandsInteraction>Prefabs

If anyone can figure out how out how to find/use the transform of the hands (I'm looking for a centralized location on each hand) that would be greatly appreciated

use LeftHandAnchor/RightHandAnchor? or you can also use one of the hand bone transform by GetComponent<OVRSkeleton>().Bones[index].transform. If you want to use one of the bones, then you may like Bone[9] which gives the root of a middle finger.