cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Local Avatar showing wrong controller

Bomsolutions
Level 3

Hey, I'm using the Local Avatar component in my project (for Quest 2), and when I check "start with controllers" it shows the black ones (Rift I believe) instead of the Quest 2 controllers. I can't seem to find any way to change them, the Quest 2 controllers from my OVR Player Controller are shown in game but the black ones are shown too, basically double controllers. If I change the visibility in the OVR Avatar script it stops showing the black ones but than the hands are shown without controllers in them and they behave like hands with the pinch, grab, point gestures and so on.... Since the controllers are similar in shape and size and button positioning, disabling the visibility of the black ones would work great, only problem is I can't find a way to disable their visibility and keep the hands on controller functionality/ animations.

I'm using Unity ๐Ÿ™‚

2 REPLIES 2

baroquedub
Level 5

Came across this the other day which seems to be the same issue you're having:

https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Quest-Development/Unity-OVR-Avatar-shows-wrong-controllers-on-quest-2...

I found the same article an hour ago but it doesn't fix my issue ๐Ÿ˜ž even when i fix the code like in the example it just loads quest2 controllers without hands on them. And since I rewrote that start function the app freezes for a few seconds (like 15/20) before it loads with just the controllers. Tnx for the reply, appreciate the help ๐Ÿ™‚