cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go Installation Failed

I'm hoping someone can help me out here...

I have prepared an Oculus Go app (built in Unity) for submission to the Oculus store. I managed to get an Alpha release working fine, and installed on my Go. However, I have now uploaded an updated version to my Alpha release channel but I cannot get the update to install on my device. When I try to update the app, I get an error notification (in the Go headset) saying that installation has failed. The binary has been tested and is working via ADB.

When I try to update the app from the Oculus Android app on my smartphone. It hangs during the installation process (App is only 60MB... and I gave it about 20 mins before giving up)

Furthermore, I am unable to uninstall the app from the device. I click uninstall (again from within the Oculus Go Headset) and nothing happens. Can someone please help me figure out what is wrong?
2 REPLIES 2

MaxArch
Heroic Explorer
I have had the same problem before. Maybe its due to installing once from the dashboard and updating it using ADB. A new update after that using the dashboard might be the cause for that error?!

Solution is;
- connect GO to your computer
- open dos box on your computer
type: adb shell pm list packages ---> this results in a list with your package
type: adb uninstall <packagename> ---> for <packagename> use your app name; com.xxxx.yyyy

wait a few minutes and in the GO the app will become available again for downloading.

Awesome thanks for that!

Uninstalling via ADB worked, and I was able to re-install from the dashboard. 

The install did actually hang.... It was just stuck on installing for ages. I ended up rebooted the device and saw that it had successfully installed. Any idea why that is?