cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Oculus Go] "This app uses the speech API, which is not supported on this device"

InterfaseVR
Explorer
Hi,
I'm trying to upload the alpha version of my application on the oculus build dashboard, but I keep getting this message from the test status result: "This app uses the speech API, which is not supported on this device.".
I'm using Unity 2018.1.0f2 with all the oculus integration assets updated. I did some research and tried re-generating the AndroidManifest.xml with the tools->oculus feature, then added this line manually
<uses-feature
android:name="android.hardware.microphone"
android:required="false" />
inside the manifest template in Assets\Plugins\Android.
After the build I inspected the apk and noticed that the merged manifest file has this permission listed:
<uses-permission
android:name="android.permission.RECORD_AUDIO" />
which I guess could be the issue ... but I don't really know how to get rid of it, Unity seems to add it arbitrarily.
If I push the app directly from Unity to the Oculus Go it works without any issue so I'm a bit confused, I'm pretty sure I haven't written any line of code that could require such API
in order to run (or that RECORD_AUDIO permission to be added in the manifest file), yet I'm also pretty sure that I'm missing something obvious 🙂
I hope somebody will be able to help me, thanks in advance.
13 REPLIES 13

Nishantbtps
Honored Guest
Can anyone share Android Voice API for gear VR @play_edu? 

nirvanausual
Honored Guest

I know mapbox doesn't officially support VR headsets but I was wondering if there's a way to configure it in order to avoid having calls to such API (wich I don't need in my project) in my final build. I've tried searching for those calls inside the mapbox plugin folder but couldn't find any.

noniaunty4
Honored Guest
Can anyone here share the API? Cannot found it and i need it urgently.

Regards.

davidjane
Honored Guest
I've had a go at looking for those calls inside the mapbox module envelope however couldn't discover any.