cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Unity Integration - v1.39 (07/26/19)

mouse_bear
Retired Support

Version 1.39 of our integration for Unity has been released!

The Oculus Integration for Unity package adds scripts, prefabs, samples, and other resources to supplement Unity’s built-in support. The package includes an interface for controlling VR camera behavior, a first-person control prefab, a unified input API for controllers, advanced rendering features, object-grabbing and haptics scripts for Touch, debugging tools, and more. For more information, see our Unity Getting Started Guide.

You can grab the latest version of our Unity Integration here (through the Unity Asset Store): https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/integration/oculus-integration-82022

More information, as well as general known issues with Unity, about this release can be found here.

New Features

• Updates Mixed Reality Capture support:
  • The Unity Profiler now supports GPU profiling on Oculus Quest and Oculus Go, see the Testing and Performance Analysis page for additional information.

Integration Changes

• Updated the Oculus Unity Integration to 1.39, including:
    • Updated the Audio Spatializer to 1.39
    • Updated the Lipsync integration to 1.39
    • Updated the Platform integration to 1.39
    • Updated the Avatar integration to 1.39

Known Issues

Previous versions of the Unity Integration can be found here: https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/package/unity-integration-archive/

The thread for the previous version (v1.38) can be found here: https://forums.oculusvr.com/developer/discussion/77572/oculus-unity-integration-v1-38-06-21-19
25 REPLIES 25

Ringorjo
Honored Guest
This Release Solves the problem with the controls of the oculus quest?

dilmergames
Explorer

Ringorjo said:

This Release Solves the problem with the controls of the oculus quest?

I am running into the same issues as the comment above, looks like the Oculus Quest is not detected and also the OVRControllerPrefab is not swapping to the Oculus Quest controller.

x_guru
Honored Guest
As a developer looking at the quest as a possible platform the total screw up and as yet unaddressed problems with the controllers is making me think it's a fool who wants to develop for it, clearly Oculus don't give a damn.

mouse_bear
Retired Support
If you are experiencing issues with your projects due to the latest firmware and integration update, please rebuild your manifest file.

For Unity:

1. Within the Unity editor, remove the current manifest by clicking on Oculus -> Tools -> Remove AndroidManifest.xml

2. Generate a new AndroidManifest by clicking on Oculus -> Tools -> Generate store-compatible AndroidManifest.xml

For Unreal/other engines:

Please include the following line in your existing AndroidManifest.xml:

<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.vr.headtracking" android:version="1" android:required="true" />

vrz_dev
Protege
Hello,
I'm experiencing problems after upgrading the Unity Integration from v1.38 to v1.39

--- My App ---
The app is pretty simple:
- Few grabbable 3d models and a UI Canas with a button in front of the user
- Parabolic teleport using the left controller thumbstick
- Laser pointer which becomes visible when pointing at the UI Canvas using the right controllers

-- My System -- 
Oculus Quest (firmware updated to July 2019)
MacOS Mojave
Unity 2019.1.12f
Oculus Integration v1.39

-- The Problem -- 
I can evince that both controllers seem working (although I cannot see my hands anymore) because I can see when I cross the Guardian Grid with each hand. However:
1) Right controller: The laser pointer which should be visible only when pointing to a UI element is now always visible (although colored in black instead of the one I did set for it). 
2) Left Controller: The teleport stopped working but when I try to activate it using the thumb-stick (as programmed) I can clearly see a laser pointer at coordinates (0,0,0) appearing as a flat line (typical of when you want to customize it using the prefab)
3) Grabbing stopped working for both of them
Question: Shouldn't only one controller be working If the headset was in Oculus Go mode?

--- What I tried --- 
1) removed the app using ADB
2) removed and regenerated the Android Manifest with the Oculus > Tools 
3) AndroidManifest.xml wasn't affected but it contains the line <uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.vr.headtracking" android:required="true" android:version="1" />
4) AndroidManifest.OVRsubmission.xml was regenerated and it didn't have the requested line so I added 
<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.vr.headtracking" android:required="true" android:version="1" />
5) Checked the Unity Player Settings --> Settings for Android --> Other Settings --> Identification 
Minimum API level: 23 (Marshmallow)
Target API level: Highest Installed (Automatic)
Source: https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/quest/latest/concepts/mobile-native-manifest/

As instructed, I have filed a ticket with all the required logs. However, a reply to this post might help all those experiencing the same problem. Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oculus 1.39 makes the Avatar hands invisible.   
Just try to load the "AvatarGrab Sample Scene" from this tutorial:
https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/unity/latest/concepts/unity-sf-avatargrab/?locale=en_US

I can still grab the oculus blocks.   Just the hands are invisible.  Maybe the hand mesh disappeared.

-- My System -- 
Oculus Quest (firmware updated to July 29 2019)
Windows 10
Unity 2019.1.12f1
Oculus Integration v1.39

------
Edit 7/31/2019.  I was able to get my invisible hands back.   I needed to put my app id from dashboard.oculus.com in both Oculus -> avatar and Oculus -> platform.    

vrz_dev
Protege
Latest update: I have been running the sample projects inside the oculus framework. I think the problem is with the LocalAvatarGrab (hands are not visible in that scene). CustomHands scene displays the hands correctly. 

vrz_dev
Protege
The only way to make hands appear is to get OVRCameraRig and the custom hands in the scene. No way to use OVRPlayerController and make hands work. On top of that, the floor level is misaligned even if I have set the "Tracking origin type" to floor

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are still having the problem where in the Unity Editor, on only two out of six of our Windows desktop machines, the Oculus integration fails to initialize and the only way to be able to continue working is with the OpenVR fallback. We rolled back to 1.37 to avoid the problem in 1.38, but we now need some of the 1.39 improvements.