cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Utilities for Unity 0.1.0 Beta released

vrdaveb
Oculus Staff
We have released the Oculus Utilities for Unity 0.1.0 beta. This package has basically the same API as our legacy Unity integration, but it's built with Unity's new first-party VR support (UnityEngine.VR). If you've been using Unity 5.1 with the new "Virtual Reality Supported" player setting enabled, you may have noticed the camera model and feature set differ from what was in the old integration. The Utilities enable you to update existing apps and also access Oculus features not exposed by Unity itself. Questions and feedback are welcome here.

You can download the Utilities and an updated copy of the SDKExamples from https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/.

Be sure to read the documentation at https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/game-engines/latest/concepts/unity-intro/.
80 REPLIES 80

zwendt
Honored Guest
One last ping on this, in case it got lost in the OC2 shuffle. Thanks for an amazing event!

"zwendt" wrote:
Manually setting to DEBUG_PERF_RUNNING has the same behavior (no display) as using the gamepad to toggle it on.

If anyone can share a binary with working perf HUD using my quick repro steps on 0.6.0.1 and Unity 5.1.2f1, that would at least confirm it's a problem on my machine and not the versions used, or something I missed.

"zwendt" wrote:
I'm not able to see the Perf HUD on either the HMD or screen in my own project. (I can see the Perf HUD in Titans.) Hopefully I'm missing something obvious, and these versions are supported.

Repro steps for Unity 5.1.2f1, DK2 on runtime 0.6.0.1 Edit: in direct mode.

New project. Player Settings->VR supported. Import OculusUtilities_0_1_0_beta.

I open and play the OVR/Scenes/Room scene, hit space and see the OVRDebugInfo menu with fps and latency #s.

I drop OVR/Moonlight/Scripts/Util/OVRDebugGraph onto the OVRPlayerController, hit play, hit start on controller.... and only get the Log line "TOGGLE GRAPH", and see the enum change in the inspector for the Debug Graph script.

No Perf HUD in HMD or on the screen. Hit space: debug menu is unchanged.

Troubleshooting:
Build, then run project. No change.
Various monitor combinations and mirroring off: no change.