cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P2P Voip Timeout

henry.lau
Level 3

The latest problem is that the previous projects can normally connect VoIP and P2P. Since last Saturday, it can't be connected. The print shows that the connection request has been received ,Net.Connect(userID) and Voip.Accept(userID) has been called, but each time the status returns timeout。

What the hell's going on? Has anyone met it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

henry.lau
Level 3

I may have found the reason, an Oculus test account should only be logged in to one device (including Unity Editor), and a device can ideally only be logged in to one test account😥

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

henry.lau
Level 3

I tested Official Samples “VrVoiceChat”,The first time was ok, but I couldn't connect the next few times. In the end, I couldn't even receive the invitation message

karmacoder
Level 3

Did you manage to solve this issue? I also can't get a P2P connection between windows instances, though it used to work before. P2P connections always time out after I accept them.

mehdikhadir
Level 2

Hi, do you still have this issue @karmacoder? Timeouts for p2p and VoIP connections have also started to appear for 2 days for me as well. It happens when I run my application with 2 Unity Editor windows each connected to a different Oculus test user account. One user seems to be sending the VoIP and P2P invites, but it looks like the other never receives them.

It's still working fine when I test with 2 Meta Quest headsets though.

Hi! No, still not working for me. Neither between editor instances on different machines, nor with standalone exe builds logging into different test users. Matchmaking and Rooms work as expected but as soon as I try to Net.Connect form one user to another "PeerConnectRequestCallback" on the receiving end does not get called and the connection times out. 

Two Quest headsetes work fine for me too.
Strange thing is that it worked briefly two days ago and then stopped working. Not sure what else to try.

I'm using Oculus Integration SDK 42.0 btw.

The P2P test must be on the quest device

henry.lau
Level 3

I may have found the reason, an Oculus test account should only be logged in to one device (including Unity Editor), and a device can ideally only be logged in to one test account😥