cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with moving to new position

emildraganm
Honored Guest

Hello,
I ve wrote first on the Unity forums and someone from Unity said that I should write here, because it's probably an integration of the plugin problem.

I have a problem with Unity 2019.4.9f1, latest Oculus integration and Oculus Quest 1 with hand-tracking. I have a room-scale exprience when the user can move physically through the room around a bed and a character. The problem is that at some point, I need the user to pe placed in a specific point in the space, facing the character. I tried setting the position to that place, moving towards an object from that position, but it never translates the user to that point, but somewhere near. I need that regardless of the physical position of the player, to jump to a specific point. I am using the OVRCameraRig and I tried also with OVRPlayerController. I tried also to parent the OVRCamera to an empty gameobject and that gameobject to translate, but the result is the same. I read on the forums that the problem is that the physical movement is not correlated with the world coordinates.
Is there a workaround for this issue?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

spectrexr
Explorer

It is because the CenterEyeAnchor follows your position in real life. If you physically move in real life, you will offset the CenterEyeAnchor by that amount. That means when you teleport to certain point, you will move OVRCameraRig to that point but your CenterEyeAnchor will still be offset by some local position.

First you need to teleport OVRCameraRig to desired location and then you need to offset it again by negative X and Z axis local position of CenterEyeAnchor. Hope this helps. If you need anymore help, I'm here!