cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2-Unity In game controller tutorial/guide

marv69pa
Honored Guest

I have spent hours and hours google searching and forum searching and maybe I just am not using the correct terms but I sure could use some direction. I am wanting to create an in game controller tutorial that shows the player the controllers and which buttons do what. I can not find a single resource that may show how in unity i can show the quest controllers and highlight buttons with UI popups telling what they do. I would even take a video clip of Quest 2 controller functions but I cant find anything. Any direction at all would be much appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1

I think what you're supposed to use is the OVRAvatar. There's a sample scene in the Oculus Integration package:

Assets > Oculus > Avatar > Samples > Controllers

You'll notice that the OVRAvatar component has 'Start With Controllers' checked. This scene gets you proper hands gripping the controllers and animating as you use each button. Problem is the Avatar materials don't work in URP and if you're using other hand models then you need to do things another way.

With your own hand models, you'll need to grab the Controller prefabs or meshes, they live under:

Assets > Oculus > SampleFramework > Core > TouchControllers
You then need to place them in your own rig under TrackingSpace > LeftHandAnchor > LeftControllerAnchor / TrackingSpace > RightHandAnchor > RightControllerAnchor or wherever is appropriate for your own VR player set-up.

Hope that helps.