cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing without wearing headset?

TimGradwell
Honored Guest

Hi, I have a quest 2 headset and I'm learning to make a vr project in unity, but every time I make a change and want to test it I have to

* put on the headset

* and set up guardian boundaries again because it lost the guardian

* and go back into oculus link

* then take off the headset to click on the play button in unity

* then put the headset back on

* and then when I use Debug.Log to print debug messages to help me test and debug I have to take the headset off again to see the log messages in unity.

Is it possible to do a large portion of my development and testing without putting the headset on my head, just having it connected?

Does every developer who is developing vr projects have the same issue? Has anyone figured workarounds for these issues? I can't imagine I'm the only person this is an issue for, or am I doing it wrong?

thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CaptainCullen
Explorer

I've heard of users keeping their HMDs from 'going to sleep' by covering the proximity sensor with a small piece of tape or blue tac. Maybe this will help you?

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

CaptainCullen
Explorer

I've heard of users keeping their HMDs from 'going to sleep' by covering the proximity sensor with a small piece of tape or blue tac. Maybe this will help you?

TimGradwell
Honored Guest

So. Turns out - YES - that actually works - thank you!

LadyJN
Honored Guest

The oculus developer hub will let you turn off guardian and the proximity sensor. 

I'm also in the process of 3d printing a stand for my quest 2 so that I can have it mounted on my desk without a strap and just look into it as needed.  

Thank you

adnangg10
Honored Guest

adnangg10
Honored Guest

Thank you

adnangg10
Honored Guest

Thank you

adnangg10
Honored Guest

Thank you