cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracked Keyboard SDK - can't type to the input field in the example scene

eilonmore
Honored Guest

Hi all,

I'm using the TrackedKeyboard sample scene (Oculus/VR/Scenes/TrackedKeyboard) to test the tracked keyboard SDK.

I can connect my physical keyboard successfully and see it in the scene. However, I can't focus on the input field and type anything.

Those are the issues I've encountered:

* Clicking the input won't show the caret

* After clicking the input, typing with the connected keyboard won't type anything into the input.

* I can use the physical keyboard to interact with other UI elements in the scene (checkboxes, buttons)

* If I check "Requires System Keyboard," I can use the system keyboard to type into the input. However, there is still no caret, and it seems like the input is not focused.

Attaching some gifs to demonstrate the above symptoms:
https://imgur.com/X0xKrzq
https://imgur.com/fuMn0sO

I've tried the solution that was suggested in this thread, but still no luck.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

eilonmore
Honored Guest

Looks like a bug in Unity.

Changing the version from 2020.3.35f to 2020.3.33f fixed the issue for me.

Reproduced in:

2020.3.36f

2020.3.35f

2020.3.34f

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

eilonmore
Honored Guest

Looks like a bug in Unity.

Changing the version from 2020.3.35f to 2020.3.33f fixed the issue for me.

Reproduced in:

2020.3.36f

2020.3.35f

2020.3.34f

Can this be re-opened? It seems to be broken on all unity versions newer than 2020.3.33f.

lsvrmatt
Explorer

This really needs to be reopened and addressed, as now Oculus is requiring use of 2021 and later for the latest integrations and input fields are completely borked.

LePython
Explorer

I have the same problem with 2022.3.13f1 when using Text Mesh Pro Input Field. When using oculus link, the field works correctly and on press is in focus, but when using the same app in the quest, I can't focus on the field. Please fix this Meta...