cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity Alert: Issues with older Unity 2018.3 versions and Oculus Integration (01/22/19)

mouse_bear
Retired Support
Update 01/31/19: v1.34 of our integration has been released. We highly encourage developers who are using v1.32 of our integration to upgrade to v1.34. Developers using previous Unity 2018.3 versions, we also encourage you to upgrade to Unity 2018.3.3f1 immediately due to compatibility issues. You can read more about this here.

Update 01/22/19: New workaround steps added

The Oculus Unity Integration is currently incompatible with versions of Unity 2018.3 prior to 2018.3.3f1. At this time, we encourage you to upgrade to Unity 2018.3.3f1 immediately. Here are the previously recommended workaround steps for those who were on Unity 2018.3 prior to 2018.3.3f1 (as detailed from this post😞
  1. Follow the steps on Importing the Oculus Utilities Package (https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/unity/latest/concepts/unity-import/) to remove the existing Oculus Integration package.
  2. Open your project and navigate to the Package Manager (Windows / Package Manager). Then install the Oculus (Standalone) package (it will be an older version #, probably 1.29.0). Do NOT install the Oculus (Android) package.
  3. Open the Asset Store tab and import the Oculus Integration, now 1.32.1.
Keep in mind, a default project will automatically add the Oculus packages from the Package Manager so be sure to remove the necessary packages when starting a new project.

10 REPLIES 10

xingyun415
Honored Guest
After add the latest Oculus package(Version_1.32) to my project by  Unity (Version_2017.4) , Why I can't open it on next time ? 

nat42
Explorer
Any update on this? I saw a suggestion on the Unity forums to work around the issue I think is described here by setting the Import Settings on the Android library/".so" file from the project's assets to be only included on Android.

citron4000
Explorer
Any update on this? Do we have any visibility on when this will be fixed and we can upgrade to 2018.3?

mouse_bear
Retired Support
Hello everyone, this issue requires Unity's involvement and as such, we will update you all once there is progress on their end. For the time being, we encourage avoiding the update to 2018.3 entirely until the issue is resolved, or following the new workaround steps (updated today 01/22) in my original post above.

georgehito_iris
Honored Guest
@NinjaGaijin Just curious, when you mention 'incompatible', which specific issues are you referencing? 

mouse_bear
Retired Support
@georgehito_iris There are various issues at the moment, but the largest one is an incompatibility with the Oculus Integration package in the Unity Asset Store (usually updated to the latest version) and the included Oculus packages in the new Unity Package Manager (which are not always updated to the latest version).

Thomas-gogo
Honored Guest

@georgehito_iris There are various issues at the moment, but the largest one is an incompatibility with the Oculus Integration package in the Unity Asset Store (usually updated to the latest version) and the included Oculus packages in the new Unity Package Manager (which are not always updated to the latest version).

Is the full list of issues described anywhere?

We're currently using 2018.3; we've resolved the package conflicts for our own use cases and the integration seems to working fine. Can we safely stay on 2018.3, or are there other known issues with the integration we might not be seeing that would force us to revert to 2018.2? 

BigDaddio
Protege

Is the full list of issues described anywhere?

We're currently using 2018.3; we've resolved the package conflicts for our own use cases and the integration seems to working fine. Can we safely stay on 2018.3, or are there other known issues with the integration we might not be seeing that would force us to revert to 2018.2? 

I have not found any other issues other than the standard Unity flakiness. 

mouse_bear
Retired Support
Version 1.34 of our integration has been released. We highly encourage developers who are using v1.32 of our integration to upgrade to v1.34. Developers using previous Unity 2018.3 versions, we also encourage you to upgrade to Unity 2018.3.3f1 immediately due to compatibility issues.

You can read more about this here: https://forums.oculusvr.com/developer/discussion/73172/oculus-integration-for-unity-v1-34-01-31-19