cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity Crash

rahuloculus
Honored Guest
I am doing some basic stuff in unity for Oculus VR.But as soon as i click on play button for game mode it just crashes.

Following are the details of unity version i am using.

Unity version - Unity 5.0.0p2 (64bit)
Unity SDK - Mobile SDK 0.5.1 (Latest Updated version from oculus site.)
Unity Integration - 0.6.0.0 (Latest Updated version from oculus site.)

Note - which unity Integration we have to use exactly from SDK kit folder which is nearly 900 MB or from the Unity Integration folder which is nearly 5 mb.

This is what i am doing

1 create a fresh project
2.create new 3d plane.
3.Copy project setting from SDK VrUnity folder.
4.Then import the Unity integration package in unity.
I get this following warning message when i import unity integration pacakge.
Assets/OVR/Scripts/Util/OVRGridCube.cs(138,35): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.Renderer.castShadows' is obsolete: `Property castShadows has been deprecated. Use shadowCastingMode instead.'

5.Then i Place camera control prefab over the plane so it wont fall in infinity.

After this all process when i click on play,Unity just disappear from the the screen.
2 REPLIES 2

cybereality
Grand Champion
I have a few ideas, but you will need to provide more information.

Are you trying to build a mobile game or a PC game? Because the SDKs are different, and you should only be using one or the other (either mobile SDK or Unity integration, which is for PC).

Do you have the latest Oculus runtime installed?

Is the play window black? In that case you may just have to change the aspect ratio to "Free Aspect" (its the drop-down on the top left).

Can you try updating the Unity editor to the latest? Also, understand that Unity 5 still has issues with the Oculus mobile SDK and you will have better luck using Unity 4 for mobile.

Hope that helps.

rahuloculus
Honored Guest
Hello Cybereality

Following are the details which you asked for it.

*I am building Mobile game and i am using Integration package and project setting from Mobile SDK only.
*I have installed "oculus_runtime_sdk_0.6.0.0_win" which is latest on Oculus website.
*it is free aspect only but when i click on play unity just disappear.
*I afraid that i can not update as i have already done my all work in this version..(can this new version will take my project as it is?)