cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which parts of Oculus Integration can be safely deleted?

ethanicus
Honored Guest
I remember reading in one of the Oculus Unity guides that there are a few folders in the Oculus Integration package which can be safely deleted if you don't need them, like tutorials and demo scenes. Does anyone know which folders are non-vital?
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
The only folder that is truly vital is the "VR" folder. All the other folders are not strictly necessary, but you'd probably want to keep the "Spatializer" folder around too, depending on your sound needs.

ethanicus
Honored Guest

DarkTable said:

The only folder that is truly vital is the "VR" folder. All the other folders are not strictly necessary, but you'd probably want to keep the "Spatializer" folder around too, depending on your sound needs.

Hm, but when I deleted Avatar and LipSync, everything totally flipped out and started giving errors about missing scripts.

I should have mentioned I'd like to use the LocalAvatar and OVRPlayerController and such as well.

EDIT: I'm mostly wanting to get rid of some of the shaders/materials it comes with as they add a TON of time to the compile.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Best option usually is to actually untick the unwanted folder trees in Unity's package import dialog when you are importing the integration package the first time. I do this every time and the only things i import is the VR folder
Had no problems at all when doing so until now ...

AdamT3D
Honored Guest
Thanks for this, only importing the VR folder has really reduced the bloat in my projects, and everything still works fine for me.
Only additional thing I add is the Oculus Desktop package so that I can test it on the quest while in editor. (Using 2019.3, URP, and deprecated XR Settings (Not XR Plugin))

Anonymous
Not applicable

So what about audio manager and Platform components in integration package. should i add them or ignore to create a vr interacctive experience??