cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why my FPS is getting low?

Soundmartell
Explorer
Hello,
I have been trying to find a solution for my Gear VR FPS but even when I have made all kind of optimization I can't get a stable 60 FPS.
I have attached an OVRMonitor screenshot. As you can see I have less than 100 Draw Call, less than 100K vertices, the Static batches are working as well as the dynamic batches. 
I have all the lights baked, Occlusion culling is working, I have the CPU and GPU overclocked 4/4!! 
Quality screenshot attached as well.
I am using Unity 5.6, Galaxy S7 Duos, Gear VR. 
I will appreciate any help.
Best regards. 
m2yarbfalbp0.pnggcps76xa0jal.pngave 
16 REPLIES 16

Soundmartell
Explorer
I am just using the Gear VR.
Thank you.

Soundmartell
Explorer
Thank you for your answer.
I am using: Unity v5.6.0f3, Oculus Utilities v1.11.0, OVRPlugin v1.12.0.
Any way its happen in previous versions of Unity and Oculus as well.
I don't know if I can provide a copy of the project because I am using some payed assets and I don't know if is allow to. By other hand its a heave project of around 13Gb. Let me know your thoughts.
Best regards.

Soundmartell
Explorer
Ok, I will but I have been updating Oculus and Unity fore more than one year and it doesn't solve the FPS. I will update now and I will be back to you but I am 99 % sure it will not make a difference mate.

Soundmartell
Explorer
Thank you. Please let me know how I can send you a copy of the project and if you think is allow for me to share the project under the Unity Store conditions. As I mentioned before I am using some payed Asset for the Unity Store. 

Soundmartell
Explorer
Well, I made a new project, not any asset. oculus utilities version 1.13. One directional light, one plane with Mobile Defuse Material, both of they statics and baked Light. OVRPlayerController.
The FPS = 60 stable but have a look to the yellow marks in the OVRMonitor (Image Attached)

Soundmartell
Explorer
Sorry, here is the image. 🙂75jxr5gf8mxu.png

Soundmartell
Explorer
Thank you. I already did it before. Not any recommendations.

Soundmartell
Explorer
Do you need Profiler running in Unity Editor or Device?

Soundmartell
Explorer
Running in Unity Editor.
4ebvdri3xhl0.png
yn0gdhb5sdx8.png
3g859dxl4r6y.png