Unity VR Development
Share Unity VR development feedback, issues, and challenges here!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Oculus Store URL

I need to go from my Oculus app to the Oculus store without leaving VR. This works in the Daydream version of the app. The user clicks a button and goes directly to the Daydream store location for the related app. (I can provide the c# code for doing...

Thumbstick movement + hands?

Hey all,I've been using the sample scenes in the oculus framework for my project. As we have a somewhat large area to cover with movement and we don't have the space to do a lot of room scale movement, I wanted to have a solution where I control the ...

clamping ovravatar hands

Has anyone been having trouble getting hands to clamp? I have a script that i wrote and works fine with normal unity game objects but the hands are ignoring my commands. Any thoughts on this?

chololens by Honored Guest
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ovr controller weird rotation

Hello,I am trying to create a shooting game for occulus gear vr.My gun which will be controlled by gear vr controller has a script attached with the following codeQuaternion controllerRotation = OVRInput.GetLocalControllerRotation (OVRInput.GetActive...

d3vjrxrg06qa.png 9tr21y0w8b8r.png c5vw2b3cvqic.png ixh9mel38838.png
devgameft by Honored Guest
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

OVRPlayerController pick up objects (Grab)

Hello Im trying to grab objects with the OVRPlayerController and the LocalAvatar using the Grabber.cs and Grabbable.cs scripts but no luck. I look more than a thousands videos and documentation and i still can make it work.Im using: - Unity 5.5 - Ocu...

Handy bit of scaling code

I recently wrote up a bit of code to scale an object by pressing both grip triggers and bringing the controllers apart or together (similar to the zoom function on a touch screen). I figured this might be useful to a couple people out there, so here ...

jpaterson by Honored Guest
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oculus 360 view video play

Hi All,I am playing 360 view video using inverted sphere in unity.It works fine when I use normal 360 video but when I play video of kind top/bottom i.e. _TB video file. I am facing issue when as the video play in top bottom view. How to play _TB vid...

Errr, working right out of the box?????

Fresh install of Unity, new project - import OVR utilities - finethen I import OVR avatar - gives compiler errors.New project, then I import OVR avatar - Unity reports 'missing prefab'What am I doing wrong?? UNITY 2017.1.1F1 OCULUS UTILITY V1.18.1 OV...

info-2 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Getting my Oculus id (Username)

I'm trying to get my Oculus username (Unity, c#) so I can use it on my game, but unfortunately I'm getting an error message and I can't find a solution myself. My oculus works in the game, The error message I get is:NullReferenceException: Object ref...

rfunk82 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

What do you use to make ScreenShots?

I have a problem with taking screen Shoots in Unity.Ansel doesn't seem to work for with VRAnd ScreenCapture.CaptureScreenshot(Application.persistentDataPath+"screenshot.png") as coorutine breaks Unity 2017.maybe you are using somekind of plugin?

panmaster by Expert Protege
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

ASTC Crash

Hi, I am trying to use ASTC with Unity,The build is crashing each time.Any fix to this issue yet?Tnx!

ki7a by Protege
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

GEAR VR Touch Input without Utilities (SOLVED)

Hi, I'm just curious how I could implement GEAR Touch Input without the full Utilities package. Unity as you know supports VR generic cam which is helpful for cross platform support. I tried importing the Input.Touch script on its own but it did not ...

Unity 2017.1 performance with GearVR

I recently updated to Unity 2017.1.0p5 and am trying to figure out why I'm now seeing a big performance hit. In 5.6, I was seeing a solid ~60 fps in my application's main scene. You are essentially a passenger on a plane that moves around an airport....

Top Solution Authors
Labels