Unity VR Development
Share Unity VR development feedback, issues, and challenges here!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Camera Clears

Hi, I'm running OVRLint tool, and getting this message:Camera ClearsPlease use 2 or fewer clearsI can't find any reference to fix this. Please help.

ki7a by Protege
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Community suggestions and introduction

Hello to all of the Oculus development community! I am brand spanking new to VR as a gamer and a dev, but I have the itch to create some content.I have an educational background in comp sci/software development, but I have never done any game dev. Ri...

Workaround to a crash with DK2 and NVIDIA

Hi there,I have been developing an application for a pretty long period now. Ghosts Of Hogwarts V3 (https://share.oculus.com/app/ghosts-of-hogwarts). It is becoming ready but I have troubles with the runtime 0.7 and I simply can't finish to develop a...

dkdv by Honored Guest
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

SOLUTION: Unity Mapped Touch Input Bug

UpdateSolution, per @imperativity, remove Unity Input mappings and use OVRInput.Original issue (edited for clarity)Using Unity's Input system, the primary and secondary thumbstick axis' have negative values and ignore movement. In some cases the thum...

Add Unity to Oculus Home Library

I use to have the Unity app in the Library "Apps" section of Oculus. But then I had to upgrade Unity to test new features and then uninstall and reinstall Unity 5.6.2. Now I can't have the app on the oculus home. What's the problem with that? Well, i...

Mondriam by Honored Guest
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oculus with Unity need some suggestion !

Hello, I am new to Unity and Oculus and I am developing a VR based application. Here are the points where I need bit of suggestions: I have integrated Oculus Library correctly into the application, but when I run the screen where the VR part is integ...

Stuck in Oculus Home

Hi, I am currently trying to launch an app I have made with Unity on my Oculus Rift.The application runs, however, the Oculus Rift is stuck in Oculus Home.I only see the Oculus Home environment, instead of the images I expect to see thanks to my app....

Lewkas by Honored Guest
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Detecting Oculus HMD is removed

While running and with an Oculus HDM attached does anyone know of a way to detect if the user/player has removed the headset? I'm trying to setup a script to trigger rendering on screen instructions to the desktop display and then reload the scene on...

My Unity App is Called Permissions???

Been updating an app and using Unity 2017.2.0.b4, I've managed to fight my way through the v1/v2 signing business and uploaded an app successfully; however when I download the app from the alpha channel and run the app I get the error after the splas...

AdbC99 by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Overheating issue in app development

I am facing an issue of overheating on simply playing a 360 video in Unity with basic pause/unpause UI and audios. It just lets video play for about 2 to 3 times. We target it to be played at least 6 to 7 times. Its just a 3:33 mins video. with codec...

Orientation problem in Gear VR app

Hi there,I am a VR developer, working on an experience. I am unable to solve a small issue about the app's reorientation. Ideally, when we long press the back button in the middle of the experience, the app should pause and the profile window should ...

Horribly slow fps on galaxy s8

As stupid as it might sound, we are getting incrementally worse performance for our GearVR app on Samsung Galaxy devices. s6 performs the best at ~60fps, s7 at ~57-60 and s8 at ~25-30. We've tried unity versions 5.6.0f3 and 5.5.1f1 with similar resul...

Need to disable movement completely

Here's what we're trying to do:We've mounted a physical camera device on the oculus, and we just want to show the output of the camera on a texture on the scene, and overlay various indicators/whatever on the scene. So we've got that working nicely, ...

App crash on exit via Oculus Menu

We're getting a crash on exit when exiting the application by using the exit app button in the Oculus Menu. Pressing the X on the app window does not cause it.The crash results in the usual Windows error: 'Application has stopped working 'Oculus App...

Keeping Forward Direction Between Scenes.

My title scene has the main game logo straight ahead when you start. Player presses a button and the the next scene loads which is the level select/options scene. In the level select/ options scene a virtual screen is straight ahead. So here is the p...

Touchpad GearVR Interaction

Hello good afternoon. I'm developing a project on Unity 5.5.2f1 (64 bit) and using OculusUtilities 1.16.0-beta and I'm not sure how to do the following:I have a Canvas disabled on the screen and I want it when a person looks at an object (for example...

sample framework error

Hi~ I'm use Unity 5.6.1f1(64bit)... anyway new project >>> import OculusSampleFramework.unitypackage(downloaded 30mins ago) >>> switch platform to android >>> connect Samsung S6 smartphone >>> build and run button click >>> error ==error message is h...

Syronia by Honored Guest
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Top Solution Authors
Labels