Unity VR Development
Share Unity VR development feedback, issues, and challenges here!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Submit with OBB

My app uses a large video file (1.5GB), and it has memory problems starting unless I check the "Split Application Binary" in the Unity options. Is there a way to submit an app for Gear VR that includes a separate OBB file?

OVRScreenshotWizard

I'm trying to use the new OVRScreenshotWizard tool to create a 3d photo of my app. I'm able to use the tool, but it's producing images that are mirrors of what I would expect when loaded up into a 360 photo application to preview. It's as if the orie...

How to view the tracker view cone(s)

I've written up a small post on how to render the Oculus Tracker(s) view cone so you can see the current play space.http://talesfromtherift.com/tracker-view-cone-revisited/ It also shows you how to display a simple camera 3d model too.All credit to O...

0mmcw0whmf56.png

Android Manifest set activity

I am trying to get my Gear VR app ready for the Ocuus store by updating the AndroidManifest file according to the documentation here https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/publish/latest/concepts/publish-mobile-manifest/ but I can't get it to wor...

jboss by Protege
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changes Requested

Hello,I have receiver the feedback of my game. "We are seeing different image variations between both eyes in your app experience. It's near impossible to line up a shot since there are major convergence issues while aiming the gun."I am using Unity ...

ToySoftVR by Honored Guest
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Per Pixel Override

Is there a way I can access the Per Pixel Override from within Unity so I can offer a 'Render Detail' slider in game?

MeioJo by Expert Protege
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

oculus window interferes with my game execution

I'm getting crazy.In unity 4.6.9 the latest 1.3 integration works superb, I can switch from desktop to vr flawlesly in runtime.Only when I run it propmpts me that the dk2 blablbla. But for the rest it runs smooth.When I make the build the oculus wind...

Cube Vs Sphere for Pano projection

I have always used a sphere with inverted normals to project my equirectangular panos and show them in a VR scene with the camera in the center of the sphere.Another option is to use a cube with a Skybox/cubemap material to project the same pano (con...

p4blo by Honored Guest
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Clarification about OVRInputModule Copyright

We're using the code provided in the Gaze Input example project in our GearVR/Rift project. Once we are done we are moving onto porting to PSVR and Vive.Will we have to remove the code and re implement it, is it public domain?It is a derivative of UG...

sh0v0r by Protege
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

angular velocity

I'm inspecting the angular velocity in OVRDisplay and I'm somewhat confused by the output. With my DK2 lying still on a desk I'm getting many values at or near zero as I'd expect but I'm also getting some values in the 359-360 range. They appear rand...

OVRPlugin.hswVisible doesn't seem to work

In the latest Unity version (5.4.0b23), OVRPlugin.hswVisible always returns false even when the Health and Safety Warning is shown. Looking at the forum, I found it used to be a problem but was fixed last year. I've made a new project to make sure th...

App not playing by default

Hello Everyone,I am developing an App for Gear VR using Unity Android build. After build I transfer the .apk file into my Samsung S7. On tapping it displays a message "Insert device into Gear VR to run app". I want my App to be played automatically a...

Top Solution Authors
Labels