cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exclude from recents(android:excludeFromRecents in AndroidManifest.xml) must be set to true.

dheeraj786
Honored Guest
I am trying to submit my application for gear VR. 
using oculus validate tool it shows that everything is fine and i can upload the file but when i am doing that it says

exclude from recents(android:excludeFromRecents in AndroidManifest.xml) must be set to true.

I have already set this to true in manifest file
11 REPLIES 11

vrdaveb
Oculus Staff
There is currently a known issue with the AndroidManifest.xml generated by Unity. We are working to fix it, but in the meantime you will need to follow the instructions at http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/1174614/modifying-androidmanifest-for-gearvr.html to unpack, modify, and repack the APK before submitting it.

viewport
Protege
One of our recent apps has failed submissions because 'it was asking for unnecessary permissions'. This doesn't appear to relate to the 'exclude from recents set to true' error shown above, but is it possible that when Unity is overwriting the AndroidManifest.xml it may be creating a permissions error as well? Is there anything else we should be looking out for that may have gone wrong in the manifest when we unpack, modify and repack?

vrdaveb
Oculus Staff
The default manifest doesn't ask for any unnecessary permissions. However, Unity will add things like microphone and camera if it detects the app needing those (such as using Microphone.Start). If you have an additional AndroidManifest.xml in your Plugins/Android folder, it will be merged with the auto-generated one. If you use APKTool, you can decompile the manifest and see what it's actually requesting.

AngelusDarkness
Explorer
Hi There i'm trying to upload a demo to Alpha channel, keep having this issue

Already unpacked apk, checked the manifest and trying again, but didn't success with it.

AndroidManifest.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" android:installLocation="internalOnly" package="com.throgs.TheBiumbis" platformBuildVersionCode="23" platformBuildVersionName="6.0-2438415">
    <supports-screens android:anyDensity="true" android:largeScreens="true" android:normalScreens="true" android:smallScreens="true" android:xlargeScreens="true"/>
    <application android:banner="@drawable/app_banner" android:debuggable="false"  android:icon="@drawable/app_icon" android:isGame="true" android:label="@string/app_name" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Black.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" android:excludeFromRecents="true">
        <activity android:configChanges="locale|fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|mcc|mnc|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|touchscreen|uiMode" android:label="@string/app_name" android:launchMode="singleTask" android:name="com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerActivity" android:screenOrientation="landscape">
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN"/>
                <category android:name="android.intent.category.INFO"/>
            </intent-filter>
            <meta-data android:name="unityplayer.UnityActivity" android:value="true"/>
        </activity>
        <meta-data android:name="com.samsung.android.vr.application.mode" android:value="vr_only"/>
    </application>
    <uses-feature android:glEsVersion="0x00030000" android:required="true"/>
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/>
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WAKE_LOCK"/>
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"/>
    <uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.touchscreen" android:required="false"/>
    <uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch" android:required="false"/>
    <uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.distinct" android:required="false"/>
</manifest>

There is some else wrong that i have done?

Best Regards!
Pablo

vrdaveb
Oculus Staff
android:excludeFromRecents="true" goes in your activity, not your application.

AngelusDarkness
Explorer

vrdaveb said:

android:excludeFromRecents="true" goes in your activity, not your application.

You're totally right!!! Probably my mom let me fall by my head when was a child... or maybe i'm just too much burnt out for this project!!

Thank you!

You saved many lives here!

Regards!
Pablo

MuraliVenkat
Honored Guest
@AngelusDarkness
I ma having the same issue. What does it mean "android:excludeFromRecents="true" goes in your activity, not your application.". I do not understand. Can you help me in this?

juanoldinho
Heroic Explorer
@MuraliVenkat it should be included in the activity element within your AndroidManifest.xml file.

You can see an example here: https://developer.oculus.com/distribute/latest/concepts/publish-mobile-manifest/

Fangh
Explorer
Hello.
Why are we 2 years later and there is still this bug when building with Unity 2019 ?!

I had to find the AndroidManifest.xml in \Temp\StagingArea\ then copy it into \Assets\Plugins\Android\
Then modify theses two lines :
nq2adqugl3zu.png