cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueprint users can not make apps for App Lab

MaxSMoke777
Expert Protege

Users of Unreal Blueprints an NOT make apps for App Lab at this time. Even if you manage to get past the herculean demands and labyrinthine hoops, at the end, you'll always be sabotaged by Android Permissions.

The "ManifestRequirementsOverride.txt" can be used to turn off a few, but still others will require untouched. The rats nest of Plugins makes it more likely you'll disable your own game before you disable even a few of these "Permissions". 

I found one solution, but it requires you RECOMPILE an entire Unreal Component and customize it to prevent Permissions from being asked. This is a daunting task for a Blueprint user. Unless Oculus relaxes their strict Permission policies or Epic finally makes a tool to remote all Permissions, Unreal Engine Blueprint users are sunk. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MaxSMoke777
Expert Protege

You might want to take another shot at submitting, as I recently managed to get two apps into the App Lab. With the first, after several uploads, Oculus just relaxed and let the app in. I had reduced the Alien TSA to just 5 stubborn permissions, and it was clear I had no control over the others. The second game, QuestORama, used a saved game system, so they seemed fine with it's permissions. 

Also, it might help to run UE4 2.26. My game packages went from over 900MB's to around 400, just by upgrading. Perhaps Epic has finally gotten serious about cleaning up their compiled packages! 

-----

Speaking of HUGE OVERSIGHTS, I had to type in this post TWICE! I just had my entire first post erased because Oculus's forums are TOO DUMB TO REALIZED I WASN'T LOGGED IN AND TOOK ME TO A LOG-IN SCREEN, EFFECTIVELY ERASING ALL THAT I JUST TYPED!!!!! Here's a thought, if I'm not logged in, don't give me a comment box! Just hide that until I logged in! That's WHATEVER OTHER WEBSITE ON EARTH DOES!!!! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

VintageGreen
Adventurer

As an unreal dev who has been making a game in VR and liked the oculus VR headset and decided to get another to test my game over multiplayer using their platform and plugin to no avail. Having to go through weeks of confusion, and lack of any assistance and horrible documentation, and no support.

I really hope Oculus works more with Epic to increase support for us artists and developers who are unable to get their blueprints working for online sessions when you can't even set the map being hosted in the create session node they have for matchmaking pools???

Join session from the other headset never sees the right map hosted and never travels they need to fix so much... for us Unreal devs.

I'm pretty sure I have wasted weeks of my time and the system is just broken anyways 😞 😞 very sad

MaxSMoke777
Expert Protege

You might want to take another shot at submitting, as I recently managed to get two apps into the App Lab. With the first, after several uploads, Oculus just relaxed and let the app in. I had reduced the Alien TSA to just 5 stubborn permissions, and it was clear I had no control over the others. The second game, QuestORama, used a saved game system, so they seemed fine with it's permissions. 

Also, it might help to run UE4 2.26. My game packages went from over 900MB's to around 400, just by upgrading. Perhaps Epic has finally gotten serious about cleaning up their compiled packages! 

-----

Speaking of HUGE OVERSIGHTS, I had to type in this post TWICE! I just had my entire first post erased because Oculus's forums are TOO DUMB TO REALIZED I WASN'T LOGGED IN AND TOOK ME TO A LOG-IN SCREEN, EFFECTIVELY ERASING ALL THAT I JUST TYPED!!!!! Here's a thought, if I'm not logged in, don't give me a comment box! Just hide that until I logged in! That's WHATEVER OTHER WEBSITE ON EARTH DOES!!!!