cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code fix submissions?

JamesTan
Explorer
I've made some fixes / changes to the default Oculus Rift implementation, would you guys like the fixes / changes and if so what would be the best way to do it?

Current patches I've done is:

• Fixed bug where if the Oculus Rift is disabled, then mouse input should work normally.

• Removed SF4 Pure integration as there currently seems to be a crash involved with it.

• Canvas::Project() is incorrect when Oculus Rift is disabled.
6 REPLIES 6

artyom17
Expert Protege
We are definitely interested in fixes from community.

Which version of integration do you use?
We will not go back to the original GFx integration, so, would be nice if you can share details of the crash you are seeing (preferably, the repro case).

The issue with the mouse when Rift is disabled is solved in our current code base (but it is not in the latest integration yet). Current code also recenters aim and resets roll and pitch of the player when you switch from stereo to non-stereo.

Definitely, would be interesting to have a look at Canvas::Project fix, this is not fixed yet.

Anyway, you can send all of your fixes to support@oculus.com and we will have a look and integrate them (if approved by our developers).

JamesTan
Explorer
I used the latest integration available, but I am on much later build of UE3.

I'll send over code for various fixes I find 🙂

artyom17
Expert Protege
If you can send at least a stack trace of the crash with the SF 4.2.24 that would be helpful too.

yeomanb
Honored Guest
We are in the same situation with Scaleform as we are running with a much later UE3 build.
Anyway to get these preliminary fixes to patch our current build?

artyom17
Expert Protege
"yeomanb" wrote:
We are in the same situation with Scaleform as we are running with a much later UE3 build.
Anyway to get these preliminary fixes to patch our current build?

What kind of issues, what is the version of the Scaleform? What is the 'much later UE3 build': the latest QA is Feb 2013? Just the latest from EpicP4\UnrealEngine3 branch?