cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dedicated server with Oculus Voice

sculptrvr
Honored Guest
Hello!

SculptrVR multiplayer currently runs on dedicated servers in the cloud. I want to use Oculus voice in this setup.

Right now when I try to open a voice connection with another player it connects, but then never receives any data and times out. I believe this is because I'm not using an Oculus Net Connection since we're connected to the dedicated server directly. If I try to establish a session and connect, I think players will be connecting directly to eachother instead of to the dedicated server. The server cannot create a session since it's on Linux and has no Oculus SDK or Oculus account.

Is there a way to get Oculus voice working with dedicated servers? 

Second question: can users connect in voice chat where one is on PC and one is Go/GearVR/Quest? These titles have different app IDs, but multiplayer works between them through dedicated servers.

Thanks!

-Nathan
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't personally tried this but my suggestion would be to look into sockets.  I'm not even sure if you can implement them with Unity and in VR, but they are a good way to handle things like VOIP and messaging.  I briefly looked into it, it would definitely be complicated but might be possible - 
https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/10649/An-Introduction-to-Socket-Programming-in-NET-using