cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Lipsync Blendshape Animation out of UE4?

fr3dr0
Honored Guest
Hi,
I tried to export a Oculus Lipsync animation from UE4.24. With the sequence recorder it seems that blendshapes are not supported. I want to use the animation later in Houdini, so any data format would be fine. How can I export lipsync data from UE4? Any help would be much appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

nozajio
Honored Guest
Are you trying to export a rendered movie or the actual blendshape data?

fr3dr0
Honored Guest
I'm interested in the actual blendshape data. In the meantime I found out that it's possible to record joint animation (instead of the blendshapes) with UE4's sequence recorder. So I created a simple rig with one joint for each viseme. From the Playback Blueprint in the Oculus Lipsync example project I created public variables for each viseme to expose the data from the Get Viseme node. In the animation blueprint with the proxy rig I retrieved the variables and passed the values with the Transform (Modify) Bone node to the respective joints. And then recorded the animation blueprint with the proxy rig. Not elegant, but works so far. I'm currently trying to sync the audio which is a bit tricky using the sequence recorder...