cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lip Sync Sequences stop working until rebuilt

Pinworm45
Protege
Hey guys. I'm using UE4. Not sure if I should have posted this in Unreal Development or Avatar Development.. but this is specific to UE4 so Unreal Dev seems right.

Anyway, my issue is that the lip sync will stop working when the project is closed. So it'll work great, close project, open it again, no lip movement.

The issue is the sequence. If I right click make a new one, it works. But obviously remaking all my sequences every time I open the project is not going to cut it.

I'm using UE4 4.22.3 and the latest lip sync plugin released a few days ago.

Any ideas what I can do here?

Edit: https://streamable.com/vu5b1
7 REPLIES 7

Pinworm45
Protege
So some more details. I'm starting to suspect the issue is with me somewhere, because none of the following work, and I'm pretty sure they did before

Any combination of the plugin or unreal has this same issue.

Even a fresh download won't work when I open it until I remake the Sequence.

Also, when trying to package the plugin, I get this error;

UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Windows):     [3/10] SharedPCH.Engine.cpp
UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Windows): [4/10] Module.OVRLipSync.cpp
UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Windows): C:\Users\pinwo\Desktop\ols\OVRLipSync\HostProject\Plugins\OVRLipSync\Source\OVRLipSync\Private\OVRLipSyncActorComponentBase.cpp(26): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'Classes/Components/SkeletalMeshComponent.h': No such file or directory
UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Windows): [5/10] Module.OVRLipSync.gen.cpp
UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Windows): C:\Users\pinwo\Desktop\ols\OVRLipSync\HostProject\Plugins\OVRLipSync\Source\OVRLipSync/Public/OVRLipSyncPlaybackActorComponent.h(26): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'Classes/Components/AudioComponent.h': No such file or directory
UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Windows): [6/10] OVRLipSyncEditorModule.cpp
UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Windows): C:\Users\pinwo\Desktop\ols\OVRLipSync\HostProject\Plugins\OVRLipSync\Source\OVRLipSyncEditor\Private\OVRLipSyncEditorModule.cpp(28): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'Classes/Sound/SoundWave.h': No such file or directory
UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Windows): ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: C:\Users\pinwo\Desktop\ols\OVRLipSync\HostProject\Plugins\OVRLipSync\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\OVRLipSync\UE4Editor-OVRLipSync.lib
UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Windows): (see D:\Programs\UE_4.21\Engine\Programs\AutomationTool\Saved\Logs\UBT-UE4Editor-Win64-Development.txt for full exception trace)
UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Windows): Total build time: 91.60 seconds (Parallel executor: 0.00 seconds)
UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Windows): Took 91.8825086s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=5
UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Windows): ERROR: UnrealBuildTool failed. See log for more details. (D:\Programs\UE_4.21\Engine\Programs\AutomationTool\Saved\Logs\UBT-UE4Editor-Win64-Development.txt)
UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Windows): (see D:\Programs\UE_4.21\Engine\Programs\AutomationTool\Saved\Logs\Log.txt for full exception trace)
UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Windows): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=5 (5)
UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Windows): BUILD FAILED

Also, the plugin only works as "third party", as in if I put the plugin folder in the project specifically. If I add it to the unreal folders, it shows up, but wants to be recompiled, and that gives an error.

Included the full log mentioned above.

Could really use some help. Love this plugin but it's old remaking all the sequences and being unable to progress.

@NinjaGaijin

tiantian20007
Honored Guest
Came across exactly the same issue ! Hope it will be fix soon.

Pinworm45
Protege
This was fixed but it's come back : (!

Pinworm45
Protege
Currently this works under 4.22 but not 4.23. 

Cytokinetik
Honored Guest
I think the issue is not anything bad. The problem lies in the audio file itself, I am not sure how the source wav file needs to be encoded, but if you try different wav files besides the default oculus one it works fine. It works in editor and shipping builds just fine. Try some different audio files and generate the lipsync sequence and you'll see,

Pinworm45
Protege
So my partner is now getting the errors I listed above about no such header file. 

Changing the wav file makes no difference. The C++ isn't compiling. "fatal error C1063: Cannot open include file: 'Classes/Sound/Soundwave.h": No such file or directory.

No idea how to help debug this but it's kind of on me. Searching for help just came up with my own post from a year ago, lol

Anonymous
Not applicable
(v1.52)?:

"Oculus Lipsync: Fixed known issue with the Lipsync sample and UE 4.25."