cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Unreal Integration - v1.41 (10/09/19)

mouse_bear
Retired Support

Version 1.41 of our integration for Unreal Engine 4.23 has been released!

The Oculus Integration for Unreal provides support for VR applications that target the Oculus headsets. This integration enables your applications to support stereoscopic rendering, orientation tracking, and positional tracking.

For more information, see our Unreal Engine Developer Guide.
For beginning or casual developers, we recommend the Unreal Engine binary available through Epic’s Launcher: https://www.unrealengine.com/download

Oculus Source Distribution

Note: To access the latest distribution of our Oculus Source, you must log into a subscribed GitHub account first, otherwise you will get a 404 error from the link below.
You can grab the latest version of the Oculus UE4.23 Source here: https://github.com/Oculus-VR/UnrealEngine/tree/4.23

More information about this release can be found here.

New Features

• Enabled late-latching on Quest + Vulkan. This feature can can reduce rendering latency by up to 1 frame. To enable late latching, check the LateLatching checkbox under OculusVR plugin settings.

Integration Changes

• Updated the Oculus Unreal Integration to 1.41.
  • Updated the Platform SDK integration to 1.40.
  • Updated the Audio SDK integration to 1.41.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a controller-updating race condition, which could cause controller movement hiccups if the app hit the FPS target.
  • Fixed a Dash depth compositing issue on UE 4.23.
  • Fixed a pipeline state cache bug under Multiview, which can cause memory leaks and render-thread slow down.

Known Issues

• A significant drop in frame rate occurs when UE4 is not in focus in VR preview mode. To avoid this issue, uncheck the Use Less CPU when in Background in Edit > Editor Preferences > General (left sidebar) > Miscellaneous (left sidebar) > Performance.
  • Exclusive Mode issues: Setting the mirror window to full-screen exclusive mode will not work correctly if the monitor and HMD are connected to different GPUs.
The thread for the previous version (v1.40) can be found here: https://forums.oculusvr.com/developer/discussion/80333/oculus-unreal-integration-v1-40-08-29-19
20 REPLIES 20

Neontop
Heroic Explorer
Hello @NinjaGG in the blog "The Latest Social Features for...." it is mentioned  for the Oculus Avatar SDK :
'We are also adding a new API which provides an expanded model for human
animation, taking into account tracked head and hand inputs and
simulating the position of the spine, shoulders and elbows. The API
provides a physics based body pose inference, taking into account
whether a pose is likely and coherent with previous poses. This
performant and more accurate representation of the user improves social
presence by unlocking body language in a way that doesn’t break
immersion. And these new APIs will serve as the single access point for
the user pose, with a single, unified rig representing body simulation,
lipsync, headset, controller and hand tracking."

Is it included in  that Version 1.41 of your integration for Unreal Engine 4.23 ?
Thanks for your cooperation.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Getting a crash on the GO on startup with the following settings:
* Vulkan + multiview
whereas:
* OpenGL3.1 + multiview
does not crash. Is this expected? (ie: Vulkan still not supported on Go?) Does anyone else have Vulkan working on Go or shouldn't be bother aiming for this?

Side note: Vulkan on Quest is working as expected

MaxArch
Heroic Explorer
@aussieburgerVR
I just tested with a project in the 4.23.0 binary from Epic and 4.23 Oculus-VR build. In both Vulkan and multiview work fine on the GO for me.
side note; i see an almost 18fps drop in a project using Vulkan on the Quest. Haven't found the cause yet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

MaxArch said:

@aussieburgerVR
I just tested with a project in the 4.23.0 binary from Epic and 4.23 Oculus-VR build. In both Vulkan and multiview work fine on the GO for me.

side note; i see an almost 18fps drop in a project using Vulkan on the Quest. Haven't found the cause yet.

Good to know thanks - must be something project specific causing it then - perhaps the particle emitters...

Did not notice a frame drop with Vulkan on the Quest with my project but only tested briefly.

motorsep
Rising Star

* Vulkan + multiview
whereas:
* OpenGL3.1 + multiview
does not crash. Is this expected? (ie: Vulkan still not supported on Go?) Does anyone else have Vulkan working on Go or shouldn't be bother aiming for this?

Do you have GPU particles in your scene ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

otorsep said:

* Vulkan + multiview
whereas:
* OpenGL3.1 + multiview

Do you have GPU particles in your scene ?

Right I do remember you reporting that, I had thought I only had cpu particles, but need to double check that 😄

MaxArch
Heroic Explorer
edit: removed comment to clean up this thread

motorsep
Rising Star
@NinjaGG UE 4.23.1 is out and I am wondering if 4.23.1 + integration is scheduled to appear on Oculus github soon 🙂

motorsep
Rising Star
Hmm.. With any luck, will we get 4.23.1 + Integration update any time soon @NinjaGG ? Thanks