cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus quest no Sturtup loading splash screen

FeroxD
Protege
Hello, i tried to add default loading screen when app only opened, but i cannot see the splash screen i tried a lot but on start not works.. With the blueprints yes all work and ok, but not from OculusVR plugin on startup apk in the Oculus Quest.
I download Oculus version 4.24 of Unreal engine 4 from repo:
https://github.com/Oculus-VR/UnrealEngine/tree/4.24

Image with my plugin setup:
ox2elqdfwjw6.png
Do some on knows for to fix it ?
6 REPLIES 6

en-austin
Protege
I have this fixed in my fork of 4.24. If you're logged into GitHub you should be able to browse my commit here:

Removing the frame number comparison around line 210 should be the fix to get the splash screen to render on Quest once again.

FeroxD
Protege

en-austin said:

I have this fixed in my fork of 4.24. If you're logged into GitHub you should be able to browse my commit here:

Removing the frame number comparison around line 210 should be the fix to get the splash screen to render on Quest once again.

Oh thank you! Good, i will tray that, I hope it will fix that screen issue. Thanks

en-austin
Protege
I should also mention that my project has been using Vulkan forward rendering - I haven't tried the OpenGL renderer in several months. I doubt that matters for the splash screen problem but just wanted to note it.

FeroxD
Protege

en-austin said:

I tried that on 4.24.4 and i got an errors. Mb it's coz i just copied the code from github to the engine and build with "adaptive non-unity build". Or how i should use it, mb from github pull it? But i did not find the link.. I have access to the engine and Oculus versions i attach also screens with errors hope it's will be helpful if you know that issue.

sm0bv7sqfwmz.pngyjnrhrx75itk.png

en-austin
Protege
I'd say try removing the changes you copied from my fork - once you feel you've got everything removed, compile the engine again and ensure there's no compilation errors.

Change line 212 from:
if ( ovrp_GetInitialized() && OculusHMD->WaitFrameNumber != Frame->FrameNumber)
to
if (ovrp_GetInitialized())

Compile the engine again and ensure that it builds without errors. Finally, create a Quest build to see if the splash screen is present.

FeroxD
Protege

en-austin said:

I'd say try removing the changes you copied from my fork - once you feel you've got everything removed, compile the engine again and ensure there's no compilation errors.

Change line 212 from:
if ( ovrp_GetInitialized() && OculusHMD->WaitFrameNumber != Frame->FrameNumber)
to
if (ovrp_GetInitialized())

Compile the engine again and ensure that it builds without errors. Finally, create a Quest build to see if the splash screen is present.

Thanks, you so much it's working!
And hope your answer will help a lot of developers.