cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus-ready UDK Now Available!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey everyone,

The Oculus-ready version of the UDK is now available from the Oculus Developer Center!

You can download it right from the Downloads page:
Oculus Downloads

The documentation can be downloaded from the Documentation page:
Oculus Documentation

Discuss the Oculus-ready UDK over in the new UDK forum:
Oculus - UDK Integration Forum

We're looking forward to seeing what type of unreal virtual reality experiences you guys create!

-- Nate
83 REPLIES 83

Ghostship
Explorer
Migrated ghostship over to the new build, all is fine except one major thing for my game.

The render to texture - scenecapture2dactor has a huge green border around a smaller texture. It is fine on monitor with single screen, but in stereo with oculus i get a huge green border.

I have tried changing size of scenecapture2dactor, making new material and render texture and a host of other things.

Any ideas what it could be?

artyom17
Expert Protege
Ghostship, can you send us a repro case to support@oculus.com (put "for artyom17" in the subj)? I'll try to fix it asap, but first I need to reproduce the issue...

Ghostship
Explorer
Artyom17, I will get a repro case sorted and sent tonight. Thanks 🙂

artyom17
Expert Protege
Great, will appreciate this. I think, I already can see that RenderToTexture is broken (there is a standard QA map in UE3). There are two issues with it:
1) It depends on 'screenpercentage', the green border does not exist if screenpercentage == 100
2) HMD distortion is applied to the render to texture target (shouldn't).

I still would like to get your repro case just to make sure we are on the same page.

Ghostship
Explorer
I thought it was down to to the render to texture, i just emailed you a test map for the build with it set up with the render to texture. In normal mode its fine, in the rift its broken.

I Look forward to getting it sorted out and least sort the problem out for future use of the render to texture for other developers. Thanks 🙂

Ghostship
Explorer
Screen percentage at 100 fixed it, mine was 150. 🙂

artyom17
Expert Protege
"Ghostship" wrote:
Screen percentage at 100 fixed it, mine was 150. 🙂

Well, I tried your sample with screen percentage > 100, but it still works ok to me in Rift. Can you verify that the map you sent us is really the one that breaks with screen percentage > 100?

Ghostship
Explorer
I Tried the test one again in 100, and the texture is not present for the map on the screen, just the red screen background. In the editor it is fine, but using pie or the rift does not show the map texture at all.

this is strange, because setting 100 has fixed my maps green border as mentioned in the email. That is the most crucial part on my end, but as the basic test of rendering a texture to a mesh is having problems for some reason. This was just a quick reproduction of a render texture camera displayed on a map on a mesh.

paver
Honored Guest
I find that the frontend application packaged with this release wont deploy to iOS devices. What gives? Are other people experiencing this?

Also, all the bottoms in the viewport related to ios deployment are gone.

artyom17
Expert Protege
Release Candidate 2 is available:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=4332