cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[QUEST 2] UE4 crashes when open level

FSkyline
Honored Guest
Hi people!  Today I finally got a Quest 2 device and we are experiencing some serious issues with when porting a project to this new hardware. 

We work with Unreal Engine 4 (v4.25.3) and with the Quest 1 everything was working great, but at the time to run the build in Quest 2 we found that using Open Level crashes the execution (using the console command  crashes too)

Is there any way to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!
22 REPLIES 22

NeoWint
Explorer
I am having the exact same issue currently, saw somewhere that disabling auto load splash screen might help but did not work for me. would love an answer for this as well.

edit: why is it saying this post is answered? this is still an issue and NOT resolved for me

Edit II: Switching form arm64 to armv7 fixes this for me, this is a workaround tho not a solution.

PiroKun
Protege
Are you using the handtracking pawn from handtracking demo? That pawn crashed my app on 2 but not on 1. I made another pawn (with default handtracking without custom mesh) and works again.

NeoWint
Explorer
No, i did not enable any handtracking. I use the default motion controller that comes in the vr template. Builting for quest 1 works as it should but building on quest 2 crashes upon "open level" I found a few more people with the same problem as well. No solution yet unfortunately.

FSkyline
Honored Guest
Hi! Thanks for your replies! As NeoWint, I'm using standard VR pawn from UE4.... Any help would be great in order to port our Quest 1 software to this new device...

Thanks in advance!

Gruguir
Protege
I'm searching for any more information about this. I'm experiencing the issue on a Unity project. The same build freeze only on the Quest 2.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same problem here even starting from blank template and UE4.25.3 built from oculus sources. All is ok with Quest 1. Crash when calling open level on Quest 2

NeoWint
Explorer
So I used logcat to get any fatal errors while the app crashes and this is what I get, not sure how to read this and what the issue or the solution is, anyone have a clue?  

EvoPulse
Honored Guest
So looking at your logcat, its the same issue I am having:

// Cache the nearest reflection proxy if needed
            if (PrimitiveSceneInfo->NeedsReflectionCaptureUpdate())
            {
                // mobile should not have any outstanding reflection capture update requests at this point
                ensure(Scene->GetShadingPath() != EShadingPath::Mobile);

I've verified that no reflection sphere or planar reflections are in the map, also turned off global clip plane, neither worked.

i3oi3o
Honored Guest
issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-99329 Is this related to the current problem?