cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Rift] Hand template + free open source project

ENiKS
Adventurer
Hi all,

for those looking for how to integrate hands in UE4 here is a little gift - free hand interaction framework + shooting range demo. All released under CC0 licence, which means you can use it in your projects without any restrictions.

The key features are properly positioned and rotated hands with animations and 17 grab animations that can fit most objects, index and thumb finger interactions with objects, throwing objects, basic UI elements and teleport locomotion. The demo shows how to use these interactions, including multi object interaction, like reloading a gun or lighting up candle.

Hopefully you'll find it useful, and if you have any feedback shoot here.
9 REPLIES 9

ENiKS
Adventurer
Update 1.1 is out with Dash support, and a few minor improvements 🙂

ENiKS
Adventurer
Update 1.2 is out, with Rotational and Directional grabs for all kinds of levers, drawers, doors, switches, valves etc.

The playground got also updated with brand new archery range and fully working bow. So you can check how things are done or try your archery skills 🙂 pxoz7e2lg1es.jpg

ENiKS
Adventurer
Version 1.3 is out for Unreal 4.19. This time with Laser pointer to interact with UI elements like buttons or sliders, some refactors in the UI code and a few minor features. Check the original link for downloads.

wirelitesoft.dev
Adventurer
this is really amazing, thankyou for this! you are awesome! can't wait to use it to make some games!

MarZeloFdez
Protege
thank you very very much

ENiKS
Adventurer
Took more time than it should have, but released version 1.9 with tons of bug fixes and some new features. This time on GitHub, so if anyone wants to contribute it's more than welcome.

https://github.com/iNFINITE-CZ/uvrf

Some documentation soon! 🙂

ameddy
Honored Guest
Hey everyone! I'm a rookie trying to create vr content in ue4. This template looks great for my purposes but I can't figure out how to use it! I'm not able to import any of the assets into an unreal engine project. Please help!

wirelitesoft.dev
Adventurer

ameddy said:

Hey everyone! I'm a rookie trying to create vr content in ue4. This template looks great for my purposes but I can't figure out how to use it! I'm not able to import any of the assets into an unreal engine project. Please help!

it is already a project. open it in unreal engine like any other project. then go from there or look up how to migrate projects. but be warned settings in project settings are NOT migrated so you will need to setup the input settings and that yourself if you migrate it to an existing project.

MarZeloFdez
Protege
Copy the Framework folder to your project