cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE4 Avatar Hands + First Contact Demo Project sample

TK.Prince
Protege
Hi Oculus !!
I contact you today for ask if you will release a plugin for Unreal Engine 4 with Avatar Hands acces and other inputs missing ? I would like to know too if First Contact demo will be release on UE4 for Learning VR/Touch  Integration ? I'm very blocked by the facts that creat new system and mesh hand will be totaly useless before the possibilty to integrat the Avatar.
Thanks for read.

I wish you a nice day.

Cordially, PAB.
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd also like to know where we can get models of the hands that Oculus use as well as models of each touch controller. I've downloaded some from TurboSquid that look pretty good but the scale of them is way too small and I'll have to go to the trouble of animating them to strike the Touch poses like the pointing finger, fist, thumbs up and okay sign.

The only assets I've found in the Oculus SDK are for the OculusWorld AKA Tuscany demo.

I'm pretty sure I can remember someone somewhere mention a while back that Oculus were going to have these things available for developers to use, unless I'm not remembering correctly..?

Just wondering if @cybereality or someone else from Oculus could point us in the right direction please..?

Many thanks in advance for any help!  🙂

TK.Prince
Protege
Thanks for your answers. What do you mean by "but we currently do not have a firm ETA at this time." ? I wait since a long time to Oculus release the ToolBox hands model and system. It's very very important that the Developpers have a Standard for Touch Controller if you want that experiences work fine. I very hope that Oculus or Epic Games release a simple hand with the good size and good way to work ....

Cordially.

TK.Prince
Protege
Thanks you for this informations. It's a very big nice news !! Now I  cross my finger for a quick release 🙂 .

Cordially.

Nikorasu
Adventurer
I'm also anxiously waiting for this! Good to know it's in the works at least. A couple of my projects kinda hinge on being able to implement these Avatars/hands. 🙂

TK.Prince
Protege
@imperativity Hi ! Do you have some news ?

TK.Prince
Protege
@imperativity

Thanks for your answer. In the meantime, I tried to instal the Avatar plugin on Unity, is there a way for export the hand model and the oculus touch model ? I can't find it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
@imperativity
Just wanted to check if there is something new on this topic.
Thanks!

TK.Prince
Protege
@INOYS
For now .... Strictely nothing ... I think we need to wait the end of the GDC for some news ... We VERY need the integration of the Avatar SDK !! I lost lot of time ...

dora
Honored Guest
how to have custom grip poses for grabbing different objects like the "first touch" demo.