cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreal samples for hands are still Useless! PLEASE ACTUALLY HELP OR I GIVE MY GAME TO STEAM.

NextWorldVR
Level 4
I waited a year for Oculus to FIX THEIR 4.24 SAMPLES, It never happened.  Now I try the next version thinking SURELY they would have made it a god project and the same deprecations are there and there are 10 new errors!!!  
I got a FREE Oculus Rift from Facebook and I got a FREE Valve Index from Steam.  I have a game (3 actually) about to go to the testing phase,  but I am stuck at this step yet agaIn, I put it off at the beginning of my project 2 years ago, thinking SURELY FACEBOOK WILL FIX A TINY PROBLEM IN 2 YEARS, BUT NOPE!!!   OPENVR AND STEAM INPUT SAMPLE ARE LOOKING REALY REALY TASTY RIGHT ABOUT NOW!   

WITH 3 GAMES IN THE WORKS ONE NEAR COMPLETEION,  I AM ABOUT TO START PAYING OFF.  QUITE SIMPLY, HELP ME, FOR 4 MINUTES TO FIX 3 DEPRECATIONS OR LOSE ME TO THE ENEMY!

I am referring specifically to the Oculus samples from the Github, the simple HAND Sample. (that has no ANIMATED OURCE FBX Mesh for STARTERS)  here are a lt of the problem in 4.24 and 4.25 I would MUCH rather get the 4.24 working as my project is in 4.24 locked.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH 4.24: (DOWNLOADED THE 4.24 SAMPLE)
   InputAxisKey Event specifies FKey\'MotionController_Left_Grip1Axis\' which has been deprecated for  MotionController (L) Grip1 Axis
   InputAxisKey Event specifies FKey'OculusTouch_Left_ThumbUp' that is not blueprint bindable for  Oculus Touch (L) Thumb Up CapTouch
   InputAxisKey Event specifies FKey'OculusTouch_Left_IndexPointing' that is not blueprint bindable for  Oculus Touch (L) Pointing CapTouch

WHAT'S WRONG WITH 4.25: (DOWNLOAD THE 4.25 SAMPLE)
Failed to load /Script/OculusInput.OculusHandComponent Referenced by SCS_Node_7
Failed to load /Script/OculusInput.OculusHandComponent Referenced by SCS_Node_9
Failed to load /Script/OculusInput.OculusHandComponent Referenced by SCS_Node_8
Failed to load /Script/OculusInput.OculusHandComponent Referenced by SCS_Node_11
Failed to load /Script/OculusInput.OculusHandComponent Referenced by K2Node_VariableGet_0
Failed to load /Script/OculusInput.OculusHandComponent Referenced by K2Node_VariableGet_1
Failed to load /Script/OculusInput.OculusHandComponent Referenced by K2Node_VariableGet_2
Failed to load /Script/OculusInput.OculusHandComponent Referenced by K2Node_VariableGet_4

AND STILL (OF COURSE LOL...)  NOW SO DOUBLE DEPRECATED UNREAL DOESN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT IT IS!
InputAxisKey Event specifies invalid FKey'MotionController_Left_Grip1Axis' for  MotionController_Left_Grip1Axis
InputAxisKey Event specifies FKey'OculusTouch_Left_ThumbUp' that is not blueprint bindable for  Oculus Touch (L) Thumb Up CapTouch
InputAxisKey Event specifies FKey'OculusTouch_Left_IndexPointing' that is not blueprint bindable for  Oculus Touch (L) Pointing CapTouch

I THOUGHT i WAS GONNA BE CLEVER AND FIGURE OUT HOW THEY FIXED THE DEPRECTIONS IN 4.25 AND GO DO THAT IN 4.24,  HOWEVER,  EMBARASSINGLY THEY NEVER FIXED ANYTHING AT ALL!!

Help would be welcome ...  ???

I just spent 7 days rebuilding and looping my water cooling to have a power workstation machine to finish my game on,  I am so ready to work and of course I have to stop and study deprecations again for the 4th time, I never figure out how to UNDEPRECATE or fix the problem however,.. so my project stays on the hard drives and now on the servers being tested,.  I'm not uploading a PIXEL or BIT of data until we solve this little silly problem I am very happy to switch to VALVE they gave me a full Index kit for free (as did OCULUS in 2017).. 

I'm not just a nobody I worked in Hollywood 20 years,  at Activision 9 years, I have thousands of Youtube subscribers ( youtube.com/NextWorldVR )  I am a professional character animator and my VR games will be more unique, interesting and fun than anything I have seen TO DATE, because my characters are so compelling, but I can't ,  WON'T upload if I have no animated motion controlled hands!!! (wich I am trying to incorporate into my VR IK Body, but can't get started EVEN learning how to do that until I have a WORKING HANDS SAMPLE!!!  (2 YEARS LATER),
1 REPLY 1

NextWorldVR
Level 4
NO WORKING SAMPLES.   NO INTERESTING UNIQUE GAMES (STEAM HERE I COME)