cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When UnrealEngine 4.26 will be available in Oculus-VR repository?

yltalex
Level 2
Hello, UE 4.26 was released 3 Dec 2020 (month ago), but Oculus-VR repository (Oculus-VR/UnrealEngine) still use 4.25 as main branch. 4.26 has a lot of features for gaming development. Official UE4.26 has old Oculus plugin 1.51.0. Does anyone know the release time?
9 REPLIES 9

bobcober
Level 3
Looking forward to Oculus 4.26  as well...

aussieburgerVR
Level 7
+1

Fisher007
Level 4
It's past due... 4.24 took 10 days, 4.25 took 20 days. 

GerfesoOVR
Level 2
What's the difference? Quick start guide says just download from Epics launcher.

Isn't it enough to use 4.26 from Epic Launcher then to use source from Oculus github?

Mystfit
Level 4
4.26 now has a branch on the Oculus github, but there's no tag associated with it yet with the current OVR platform version. Not sure if it's been officially "released" yet.

yltalex
Level 2
Yep, I see 4.26, hope it will be released soon. 

Mystfit
Level 4
I'm hoping that this branch will provide working support for OpenXR on the Quest. At the moment I only get a black screen when pushing a simple test project to the Quest with only the OpenXR plugin enabled (no native OculusVR plugin). The roadmap does say that OpenXR Quest support on 4.26 would be available in January (medium confidence).

bobcober
Level 3
Any update on this?  I keep checking daily to see if it has dropped ( exciting stuff! )

bobcober
Level 3

Looks like 4.26 branch is default and using OVR 1.57!