cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no friend list got since 01.March.2021

7777ivan
Level 3

hi,

my friend list query worked fine until 01.March evening (EU time), and since that it provides empty arrays, and invitable friend list results always in only a 1 element array.
is there any Oculus back-end change or error, or new permissions are introduced? does it work for you? atm it is blocking my further work...

My UE4 & Oculus version is oculus-4.24.3-release-1.46.0-v14.0 and experiencing on Quest-1
thanks

5 REPLIES 5

fdeluna_
Level 3

Hi,

We are having the exact same problem using Unity.

Thanks

AFE_Foreman
Level 4

I'm having a similar issue, trying to get usernames to display above players' heads.

I made a thread about it here: https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Oculus-Quest-Development/Can-t-Get-User-Name-App-Lab/td-p/852599

AFE_Foreman
Level 4

@7777ivanI saw that you figured this out, but I'm commenting here in case anyone has the same issue.

This issue is fixed by filling out and submitting the "Data Use Checkup" in the developer dashboard. The approval for this was instant - there doesn't seem to be an actual review process. I also requested access to every API feature in the list.

fdeluna_
Level 3

Hi all,

In Unity 2019.4.17f1 with the latest oculus integration version (25.0.0) and the latest OVR plugin (1.55.1) and all the "Data Use Checkup" marked as approved still the same problem. The username and other data are returned ok, but the friend list is empty.

7777ivan
Level 3

@AFE_Foreman: no, it is a different issue. not user name, but the friend list of a user cannot be got any more!

@fdeluna_: "good" to hear , thus it should be Oculus backend related. Meanwhile we are in direct contact with an Oculus tech guy, I sent him UE4 logs and logcat logs too, waiting for the answer. But as the 1st response, all our "Data Use Checkup" and other Dashboard settings are fine. In logcat log I found an AppID error (find SUI marked lines in logs), what I cannot understand...

Moreover, some of our team members can get a proper invitable friends list, while some of us get only a one element array (it worked fine earlier). The friend list usually does not work, but some of us get a one element array in that case, usually who has a working friend list... "FUNNY"