cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

rift with hydra

sendmyfile
Level 2
Just saw a video combining the power of rift and hydra(position tracking)

while I am patiently waiting for rift and hydra to arrive at my door, I can not wait to see what people can do with them.
also here is a link about hydra integration with UDK.

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/937 ... eady-to-go

I am no programmer myself, but I would not mind any genius sharing how to achieve that πŸ˜„
5 REPLIES 5

drash
Level 7
Hydra controllers report a position where the base station is the origin (0,0,0), so as long as the base station doesn't move and you're within range of detection, a hydra controller reports an absolute position in physical space.

Given that, after you attach a controller to your head somewhere, I think all you'd have to do is remember the initial position of the controller when the game/app starts up, and then every frame simply add "current minus initial" position to your in-game head position in local space.

And, all this assumes you've already calibrated hydra movement sensitivity to get 1-1 movement.

Right?
  • Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com

g33kz0rd
Level 2
you are awesome ^_^ havent tryied it with kinect so you can use the 2 joys?

im looking forward to doing that, but i think latency its going to be a problem with the kinect since its not pretty fast compared to hydra πŸ™‚

tbowren
Level 2
That is my video with my kids. I have made a simple tutorial showing how to set this up and will be releasing it soon on RoadtoVR.com.

Tony

sendmyfile
Level 2
"tbowren" wrote:
That is my video with my kids. I have made a simple tutorial showing how to set this up and will be releasing it soon on RoadtoVR.com.

Tony

Awesome, and your kid is equally awesome as well.

JamToday
Level 2
"tbowren" wrote:

Tony

Hi Tony, that was a cool vid. One of my favourites actually as i think adding the position tracking would really open a few things up. The Kinect integrations look equally compelling. Please do post up link once you get it published!

Thanks!

Alan